Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

dilldog52 said:
I played my wii for like 9 hours and now when I turn it off and now the light next to the power swich is orange
Hey dilldog all that means is you are connected to the internet it's like standby mode it's harmless.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but there I wanted to ask if anyone had noticed the same thing as I had. Every once in a while, my television gives a crackling noise like static whenever I'm using my Wii. I'm curious if anyone else had noticed this as well. I'm just afraid it might lead to something worse. Thanks in advance!

I would check your wires..that plug into the TV and if not checj the slots and see if they are damaged in any way.......I had a dog chew on my wires..and it did that..

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any damage in the cables. I'm not even sure if the noise is coming from the speakers or coming from the screen itself. I've found it only happens when I'm at the Wii menu. It doesn't occur when I'm in the middle of a game, but noise comes back when I re-enter the main menu.

So I've realized, the noise always occurs at the same time. I know when it's going to happen, and it always makes the same noise. It happens when it's loading the Wii menu, and pretty much any time I return to the menu after using other channels. Any thoughts?

naisatoh said:
So I've realized, the noise always occurs at the same time. I know when it's going to happen, and it always makes the same noise. It happens when it's loading the Wii menu, and pretty much any time I return to the menu after using other channels. Any thoughts?

thats is very strange, never heard that one before... is it pretty loud? is it louder everytime?? can you live with it??

because if its getting louder or longer, call nintendo, if its always the same, and is not that annoying, live with it

naisatoh said:
I don't believe it's getting louder, and yes I can live with it. But I would feel much better if I knew what was causing it.

call nintendo up, to see what do they tell you...

Status light turns yellow, then shuts off

I've only had my Wii for a couple weeks, and already it seems to be dead. When I plug it in, the status light turns red. When I hit the power or eject button, it turns yellow for a second and then shuts off completely. After that, it won't respond to anything. If I unplug it and plug it back in, I can repeat this. I already had to send in my defective controller (the one in the box stopped working with a tilt issue), and now the console seems to be bricked. I haven't been able to find any references to anyone else having this problem... any suggestions, aside from mailing it off into Nintendo's black hole of a repair service?

bobby0707 said:
I've only had my Wii for a couple weeks, and already it seems to be dead. When I plug it in, the status light turns red. When I hit the power or eject button, it turns yellow for a second and then shuts off completely. After that, it won't respond to anything. If I unplug it and plug it back in, I can repeat this. I already had to send in my defective controller (the one in the box stopped working with a tilt issue), and now the console seems to be bricked. I haven't been able to find any references to anyone else having this problem... any suggestions, aside from mailing it off into Nintendo's black hole of a repair service?

you can't get to the main menu at all?? if you can, try formatting it, if you can't I am sorry to say this, but the black hole is were you need to go... sorry

naisatoh said:
I don't believe it's getting louder, and yes I can live with it. But I would feel much better if I knew what was causing it.

Are you sure it's your TV that's making the noise, because the Wii will make a small clicking noise whenever it returns to the Wii menu (I've heard this on multiple Wii consoles). It's a normal sound from the Wii, and I believe it is simply the lazer drive inside the DVD-Rom returning to center.

Jacksindecision said:
Are you sure it's your TV that's making the noise, because the Wii will make a small clicking noise whenever it returns to the Wii menu (I've heard this on multiple Wii consoles). It's a normal sound from the Wii, and I believe it is simply the lazer drive inside the DVD-Rom returning to center.

I doubt is that sound, he said crakling, so, I do not know, I would of called nintendo

i borowed the game cooking mama from my friend and when i put it in my WII somthing poped up saing [UPDATING] and i was wandering if somthing has gone wrong because i do not have an internet conection on my WII.

Back