Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Wii remote not working properly?

Only got my wii yesterday and everything worked A Ok! Now 2day the wife has been telling me that the motion senser on the remote isnt working properly, basically we only have wii sports and when playing golf/baseball/tennis/boxing you can not swing yet if you play bowling you can swing the bowling ball in the air?!

All the buttons on the remote work it's just the swing part that is not working properly. I have also gone into options and reconnected the remote.

cheers :crazy:

Be more specific with not working properly... I mean, in bowling and golf, it is not that easy as of tennis, you have to get the hang of it. But I'll say, play tennis and baseball, to see if its working, or if theres its a delay or just don't working at all...

You could hit the bottom, but it could dislodge a memory chip, causing damage that may not be covered by you warranty. I personally would go to the nintendo website and send a email to customer service.

The same problem happened to me a couple of months ago so I feel for you, If you do contact nintendo you probably need to mail the remote to them, that may be more expensive that just buying a wiimote. What I did was return the remote (I boughty an extra if you haven't figured out) and put in in the package. The Target store I went to took it without any hastle. That is the easy to fix you wiimote, remote, controller, etc.

Last edited:
no video

BIG PROBLEM:

I am unable to use my nintendo wii. had it since late january, and all of a sudden i get no video. my audio works fine, but i get absolutely no picture at all. its not the cord, tried several cords, all cords work on other wii systems. its the wii. i havent tampered with the thing, the audio/video jack looks fine, but when i plug the wii in all i get is audio. its frusterating because i cant figure out wether its firmware, or the A/V jack. does anyone out there have any ideas? PM me if youd like.

fordinski said:
BIG PROBLEM:

I am unable to use my nintendo wii. had it since late january, and all of a sudden i get no video. my audio works fine, but i get absolutely no picture at all. its not the cord, tried several cords, all cords work on other wii systems. its the wii. i havent tampered with the thing, the audio/video jack looks fine, but when i plug the wii in all i get is audio. its frusterating because i cant figure out wether its firmware, or the A/V jack. does anyone out there have any ideas? PM me if youd like.

send that **** back, but first try it on another tv

Component Video just... Died!

What with having an HD flat panel TV, I was using my Wii with an official component output lead. I spent a while watching stuff on Youtube, went downstairs, came back up, and the screen was showing "No Signal" but I could still hear the sound from the Wii menu. The TV still works fine.

I plugged the AV lead into the TV instead, that still works. The only thing that doesn't work is the component output, which sucks because the AV output looks really crap compared to the way it used to look.

A side effect I've noticed is that the Wii now runs considerably cooler than it did. Whether that indicates something that generates heat has stopped working or if the Wii has to work harder to run component video, I don't know. I don't know anyone else with a TV with component-in, so I'm going to get the lead checked tomorrow. Sounds like my Wii has a serious hangover :(

I suspect it may have overheated. I run it on it's side, but it's got plenty of room around it and it's on a dust-free glass surface. However, today was the hottest day of the year, complete with thunderstorms, so what with the heat and humidity, it might have been too much for the poor thing.

Anyone else had spontaneous component output failure?

Plz can any one help
i hav had my wii since 8th december(uk) and 2day it broke i think
whn u turn the console on whn the health and safety screen whn i press A it makes a cracking noise and after about 30 seconds the wii menu comes up and makes a buzzing sound and everything is slow plz help:(

Hey Folks,

I love my Wii, so much that I carry it around in its little wii box everywhere I go. Sadly, the bottom fell of the box and so did the Wii. I managed to slow its descent with my foot (ow) before it got all the way to the ground, but it hit it pretty hard.

The Wii got its top right faceplate corner a little flattened out and a small crack, but thats okay. The faceplate is now loose, it feels like I could take it off if I wanted. It does turn on and the channels all work (I don't know about the internet channel as I haven't ever gotten that hooked up) It no longer plays game discs.

I insert a disc, the wii itself, as if from an internal speaker, beeps once, waits a little bit, and then beeps many times. The disc channel will report that it is unable to read the disc.

What can I do? I doubt this is something covered by my warranty. What is customer service's likely response? How much/how long is repair? Is there someway to fix it myself?

Thanks Much

Mega Annoying Problem!!

Hi, i just bought a wii today with tiger woods 07 and it is perfect.....apart from one little anoying thing.

When i move my cursor/pointer into one of the corners of the screen, it go's jittery when i move it around. This only happens when i move it around in one of the corners and it happens mostly in the top left corner. Its less prominent in games, but the problem still exists.

If i go within a metre of the sensorbar, the problem is virtually non-exsistant. I have tryed everything, new batterys, re-sync, repositioning and i know about light sources and reflective surfaces.

:yikes: Please HELP ME!!:yikes:

purchased my Wii today. I played Wii Sports for a while, worked perfectly smooth, for like 2 hours and half, I think.

The I decided to have a look at the channels. Right after I entered the Photos Channel, mi wii remote froze. Pointer didn't show up anymore in the screen.

I have read the troubleshooting in the manual regarding the wii remote not working carefully, and followed all the steps, including re-synchronization and nothing so far.

It's not batteries, don't let me re-synchronize at all, nothing interferes with the signal, wii sensor bar is placed correctly and working well and everything, but wii remote just don't work, only flashes four leds for a few seconds, tried everything i can think of...

Back