Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

I got my Wii about 12 days ago, and have had a couple of problems so far.

1. The Wiimote that came with the console would turn off a lot while I was in the middle of a game. I ended up exchanging the Wiimote at BestBuy and have had no problems since.

2. My turned on my Wii the other morning, and it wasn't displaying the correct time or date. I looked on the Nintendo website and it said that I should take it in for repairs. I really don't want to do that, but if it happens again, I might have to.

(The night before, I was downloading new channels, could this be the reason why my clock was messed up???)

I hope I didn't get a fully defective Wii... :(

Whenever I turn on my Wii, the green light comes on, but nothing comes up on my TV. I know my TV's picking up my Wii because when it's off, "NO SIGNAL" appears on my TV's input, and when my Wii is turned on, this "NO SIGNAL" disappears. For the past two and a half months or so, I've just turned off my Wii whenever this happens and then turned it back on--eventually it would work. But for the past month or so, I've had to spend much more time turning my Wii on and off repeatedly until it finally functions properly. What's even worse, I tried turning on my Wii for the past 30 minutes only for nothing to appear on my TV screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed without sending my Wii in to Nintendo for repairs. :/

i need help

hey people excuse me, a bit new to this forum stuff. can any1 please tell me why my wiimote works fine untill you get 2 metres away then stutters or does not show up. i really enjoy playin call of duty online but i hav to sit close to it and it is becomin very frustratng. i hav cleaned it and altered the sensitivity so there is only 2 dots but still hav to b pretty close to the sensor bar. when i first purchased the console i did not hav these problems. can any 1 help me.

After three months of almost constant use, the 2 standard wii remotes I have, have suddenly stopped working. Both are fully charged via a remote charger (lights flashing to suggest complete) but they are not being picked up by the system at all. The lights on both remotes are doing all the usual flashing but as I say nothing is happening.
I've done all the usual stuff, .e.g turned the thing off and then back on, tried to sychronise via the hard drive and remotes but nothing.
It has been suggested to me that the remotes need replacing but find it hard to believe that they have both broken at exactly the same time.

Any advise or anyone with the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Have you tried using new AA batteries to see if it's just the rechargeable batteries gone bad???

Boxing???

The only problem I'm having is in the boxing, the hands are not moving in conjunction with my hands. I'm just trying to find out if I'm set up correctly, if it may be a problem with my controller or I'm expecting too much from the performance of the Wii. One of the things I've also noticed is that when using my controller as a pointer it's not steady at all and vibrates quite a bit. My girlfriends controller seams smoother on her Wii. I've moved the sensor from top to bottom and back again used the stand, checked the sensitivity, the works, but nothing seems to steady the controller or get the hands of the boxer to match up any better. Also when leaning to my left and jabbing with my left it follows up with a right cross even though I don't move my right hand at all, this is fine in the ring but very frustrating when throwing punches under the training segment of Wii sports because the right cross tags the guy and you loose points...

I appreciate any feed back, thanks.

I need real help.... I was trying to fix my system to play backups on it. well now I did something and my disc channel does not recognize original disks either now... if anyone knows a quick fix please help me. I had successfully dumped to laptop and copied iso image for zelda twilight princesss. so it was reading it last night. i think i may have deleted an cios or something... if anyone knows how to make disc channel work again please let me know... this is a BRAND NEW system.

Quick Wii Problem - Flasing Red Power Light

Quick Wii Problem - Flasing Red Power Light

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone could explain this to me. I woke up this morning, and when I clicked the power button on the Wii, it persisted to be red. So then, I clicked the power button on the Wii Remote, and the light was still red.

Conditions: The Wii is in an A.C. cooling device that also charges the remotes. I also place a light cloth over it, so dust won't fall on the Wii.

After I clicked it a few more times, the power button began to flash (still red) strangely.

To conclude, I took all the cords out, let it sit for a few minutes, plugged it back in, and it turned on fine.

I'm just wondering what error this was, how I can prevent it, and if it caused any damage to the Wii. (Maybe it was the cloth?)

Thank you very much,
Taylor

(P.S.) I also played like fifteen hours this weekend. Maybe even more...

Hi Yorutaun. Something you might want to try is to let the Wii cool down before putting anything over it. After playing on it for a period of time the unit is still warm and the heat needs to dissipate. I would say wait about a half hour or more before covering it with anything.

Last edited:
In reply...

So, overheating would cause the red light to flash on and off?

Is there any permanent damage?

I didn't say anything about overheating. I'm simply making a suggestion - don't cover it with anything until it's had time to cool off.

New problem...

When I tried to turn the wii on today, after leaving it uncovered and unplayed for about twenty for hours, when I pressed the power button, the light stayed red, and the Wii didn't turn on... Then, I unplugged it, plugged it back in about ten seconds later, and it worked fine! IS THE WII BROKEN? :sad:

Anyone ever have a problem with Dance Dance Revolution with the numchucks? I swear I'm swinging at the right time? Is it a hardware problem? Is there a setting I need to adjust to make it less sensitive? I'm loosing points over this, and I have no idea why.

Thanks

Hey can anyone give me some advice?

We are having some problems with our Nunchuck.. I'm not sure if it is the connection with the main controller or what..? In Wii Sports when playing boxing, only the controller was registering and when moving the nunchuck nothing happened..
Similarly, we have tried to play Tomb Raider (Anniversary) and the Nunchuck will intermittently just stop working, or Lara will just run around in circles without us doing anything. It's confusing and frustrating. We have disconnected and re-connected it several times and done the re-syncing thing as well.. This normally fixes it for a little while but then it stuffs up again.

Does anyone know what's going on? I'm thinking it is probably a hardware issue and maybe they will just replace it for us, but I don't like the idea of sending away the console for repair..

candle = sensor bar

i can't get past the language selection screen in system set-up. Called nintendo customer support, they're sending out a new sensor bar. If this doesn't fix the problem, customer support said i need a whole new system, should get sensor bar this week.
use 2 candles!!!!

Remotes not syncing

my remotes are not syncing with the console, how do I get it operating, I am located at Mumbai, India

Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
3. can only sync 1 at a time
4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
5. whenever i click them they flash
6. both stopped working at the same time
7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)

Back