Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

If it were me, I'd just send it back to have it repaired. If the warranty's expired on it, you still may be able to catch a break with it in terms of cost.

Good luck!

If it were me, I'd just send it back to have it repaired. If the warranty's expired on it, you still may be able to catch a break with it in terms of cost.

Good luck!

Yes the warranty is expired, but I hope it wont be too costly to repair...

Thanks.

Hi the same has happened to me. However, I have just tried to use the tv etc. Have you found out how to rectify this? Should I take into Nintendo and look at repairing? I bought Wii @ Christmas time - so still under warranty.

If you mean the same power issue that I had, these are the steps I took to get my Wii fixed.

1. Go to http://www.support.nintendo.com and select your region.
2. Make your way through the troubleshooting/repair guide (Under Wii Troubleshooting and Repairs)
3. To the right of the page is a section for "Power Problems". Follow that link.
4. Read all the steps, and if after completion your Wii does not work then find this phrase at the bottom of the page and click to start a repair ticket.

If the power is still continually shutting off regularly, please click here for repair options. For this particular symptom, it is best to include your Wii console's AC Adapter with your system. This will help our technicians ensure they are able to resolve your issue.

The process was really simple and straightforward for me. I hope this helps...

Oh great. Just when I was about to play Wii Sports Resort, my Wii isn't working!!!!!!! Here is what happened. First, I got Wii Sports Resort. Then, I put the disc in. It told me to update my system, so I did. After that, the screen just went blank and it stayed like that. So, after a couple minutes, I turned my Wii back on. Then the screen was still blank, and my Wii was making no noise. I checked everything, over and over again, and turned it off and on multiple times, but nothing happened.

If you mean the same power issue that I had, these are the steps I took to get my Wii fixed.

1. Go to http://www.support.nintendo.com and select your region.
2. Make your way through the troubleshooting/repair guide (Under Wii Troubleshooting and Repairs)
3. To the right of the page is a section for "Power Problems". Follow that link.
4. Read all the steps, and if after completion your Wii does not work then find this phrase at the bottom of the page and click to start a repair ticket.

The process was really simple and straightforward for me. I hope this helps...
Hey JBagley, thanks for your info sharing. I should have seen your suggestion earlier. I just got a new Wii and throw away my broken one.

Wiimote drains batteries.

I bought a PSYCLONE brand rechargable battery that came with a usb cord to plug into the Wii and charge it. I used it on both Wiimotes and I think it may have messed them up. I bought some nice lithium Energizer batteries for it played for maybe an hour and went to play again 2 days later and both wiimotes batteries were totally dead. Has anyone else had problems with non nintendo hardware like this?

Wii Locked up

:wiiconsole:
If you're having issues with the Wii hardware and/or Wii controllers, please use this thread for reporting issues and fixes.

Thanks.

We connected our Wii to the internet and the unit locked up and now will not let us do anything. has anyone seen this same error?
Thanks

Here is my problem:
I bought my Wii around the time it came out and have had no problems till a few months ago. When my brothers were playing Mario Kart Wii, the Wii froze and now has the black screen of death. This consists of the Wii fully starting up but has a black screen on start up (plus the occasional frozen health and safety screen with no place to press an A button). I've tried researching and all the small non-invasive tricks but to no avail. The wiimotes and controllers work and nothing simple has not already been tried. I would just like to know if someone could tell me what I should do from here? I have contemplated the following:
1) Send it in to Nintendo for $75.
2) See if Nintendo caused it. For example, them and their firmware updates via Wii Connect 24 (which was activated on my Wii) perhaps could have caused problems.
3) Any other tips you guys have in terms of getting it fixed by another store.

I would just appreciate some guidance on what to do. I am not too tech savy so try to explain technical things to me if possible.
Thanks

I have had my Wii for about a year and half. Everything has worked fine besides a remote issue but Nintendo sent me a new one. Now all of a sudden it wont take the games. There is no game inside and when I try to put a game in it just wont take it. THIS SUCKS!!! If anyone knows how to fix this or any idea what the proplem may be PLEASE HELP! I love my Wii. I wasnt dropped or anything. It does not make any noise when I shake it like somthing is loose. So what could it be???

My Wii no longer loads games. It will allow me to go to the main screen and use applications, but if I insert a disk, the Wii will stop working and a message about turning the Wii off, ejecting the disk, and reading the manual will appear. It will load neither Wii nor Gamecube disks. It used to make semi-loud clicking noises when loading Wii disks (and sometimes not load), but it never had a problem for GC disks until now. Anyone know whats wrong?

Wii would not turn on

I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get the power light on when i hit power it just cut off. I figured out the problem my sisters kids ripd out the usb. I just seperated the brass prongs and it works again.

Hi there, I'm new here.

Today I turned on my Wii to play the New Super Mario Bros and low and behold, BOTH my Wiimotes will not connect to my Wii. No flashing LEDs on both remotes...nothing.

I called Nintendo and they did some troubleshooting with me. They are asking me to repair it. Since I live close to a repair shop, I can do a walk in.

The only thing that sucks, is that I bought the system December 2nd, 2008, and look what day it is today, December 9th, 2009! 7 days out of warranty and they still want to charge me!

If I do go in, i'll beg them to be nice and cover it under warranty if they can.

Before I send it in, anyone have tips on how to get my remotes working again?

Edit - The sensor bar does work.

new batteries. try resyncing on power up. i had same issues after tossing my motes. wii unsyncs every now and then. disconnect power from wall and system. then try syncing. theyll work just touch at times

Back