Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Wiimotes

Oh No! My Wii is dead :(

It will turn on but niether of my Wiimotes will sync with it nor will it output any video. I have tried multiple video jacks on diferent devices and also tried a different power plug. The fan on the back does not spin, though I can not say I saw it spin when it was working. I dunno.

Worked fine yesterday night.

Now to start the journey of calling Nintendo.

Wish me luck.

-Bobby

Was playing a game, the battery got low so I disconnected the Wii mote and tried to connect second wiimote(its a NYKO) but it wouldn't even light up, changed batteries in both then both were out of sync. Tried to resync both, the Wii one just keeps flashing, and the NYKO one flashes but not all the LEDS flash and then it turns off like its supposed to but doesnt sync. I see a lot of you have had the same problems or similar ones but no real solution as to whay this happens or how to fix. I'm going to try to unplug console, for about ten to fifteen minutes and then try again

Plugged in Wii last night (after waiting 8 hrs in NYC cold). worked great, logged into my wireless access point and updated the firmware twice. played for a few hours. Turned the device off (went to standby, orange LED). Today, it stayed in standby mode and i could not recover from it. I turned off the power by holding down the power switch and LED went red. Hitting it again, it turned green, the screen shows absolutely nothing.

I've tried different inputs and 2 other TVs - the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black -

does anyone else have a similiar issue? There are no error codes reported;

/chris

yeah I got something like that but it just says An error has ocured press ejyct ,remove disk ,and turn off Wii system . I need HELP BECAUSE ...Icant play my new game Spectrobes origigns!!!!:lovewii:

Last edited:
Can someone help me?? I've forgotten how to sync my wiimotes....

(I'm not exactly sure, but here's what I..... think)
Take the battery cover off of the wiimote you wish to sync
2. open the SD card slot on the wii console below the reset button.
3. Push the little red button on your wiimote
4. Push the red button in the wii slot.
They should sync I think...
Hope it helped!

I'm having some major problems with my Wii today. My console was in perfect working order this past weekend. My friend was celebrating his 24th birthday on Sunday, and I took my Wii and my 4 remotes to his house so everyone could beat the living daylights out of each other in Brawl. While I was at his house, the console was still in perfect working order. It was not the first time I used my console outside my own home, and I never had problems previously.

Today, I set my console back up in in my room where I always keep it, plugged everything in the way it was, and that's when the problems occurred. It appears I have lost both sound and motion sensor capabilities on my system. When I boot up my Wii, there is no sound during startup or on the Wii menu. The cables are plugged in correctly and the volume is up on my TV. I have a multi-console component cable, and both video and sound work perfectly on my PS2 via the same cable. My Wii also will not register the movement of my remote. I can still get the cursor to navigate the menus via classic controller, but it will not sense the movement from any of my four remotes, which still have decent battery power and are synched to my console. Playing around with sound and sensor bar options in the Wii menu does nothing. Neither did a hard reset (with remote re-sync), or unplugging / plugging the cables back in. I've had my Wii for over a year, so the warranty has flown out the window.

Any ideas on what my problem(s) could be?

EDIT: I was also not aware that my user name got botched during registration for this forum...too focused on explaining my problem. >_<

Last edited:
Sound but no picture

Have no idea if I'm doing this post right so my advance apologies to you all - I'm new to this area.

Here's my issue. Had our Wii for about a year and a half, no problems. Yesterday when one of my daughters turned it on she got sound but no picture. There has been absolutely no changes to the tv or wiring, but just in case I checked all the connections... good to go. I then went through the other accessories. Everything else is playing fine. One additional thing I noticed: for every other device I've got feeding the tv, when I switch to that device I get window in the top right of my tv screen that reads the channel and resolution level (eb 1080, 720, 440, etc). Since this problem started, I get the correct channel, but no resolution level.

My astutely scientific mind leads me to believe that the problem is in the console, and video specific since the sound works fine.

Last but not least, I was a good boy and went to the Wii troubleshooting guide, followed their advice and shut the system down completely by uplugging, waited 30 seconds, then plugged back in with the same result.

I'm reluctant to plunk down $75 to initiate a send off to the shop repair, particularly with the prospect of Wii2 coming out by Christmas, but hey, I'm cheap. Wait, no, not cheap, I've got close to $500 into this thing in accessories, controllers, software. I just don't want to spend another $75 for nothing!

Any tips appreciated.

TT^TT wont turn on!!

Hey, just bought my Wii second hand a few days again and it worked perfectly until a few mintues ago when it turnt off, the man I had bought it from had rung to ask if a memory card had been left in and my brother was playing on it at the time so i opened the top to look and it just turnt off, and now it wont turn on again. We changed the fuse and tried different plugs.

Error in Wii Console

Somebody help me please, 90% or more of my game disc do not run, it says: "An Error has occured, eject the game this and turn off your wii console"....The Game cube disc runs fine....what could I do?..the discs are clean. I will appeciate any help on this!

Hi there,

I have been given a wii console, 2 controllers and sine software from a relative. The equipment is 2 years old and has not been used very much.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work.

I have connected everything correctly, changed the batteries in the controllers, pressed the synch button on the console > 15 secs, synched the controllers and loaded a disc. But, although the menu screen appears I cannot access any of the options. There is no cursor to move around to select any of the options.

After reading posts I suspected the sensor bar. I looked at the bar through a digital camera and saw the infra red lights, and assumed that the bar was working.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to what to try next to sort the problem out?

Many thanks.

Mutley.

Wii Friends,

My wii's image, displayed on a 32" Vizio lcd tv, has inexplicably zoomed cutting off the perimeter including buttons and what not. I reformatted the hard drive, but that didn't solve the problem. This is maddening because we just started using it with netflix. Any advice on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

hi there, pleas any one can help me. i have one problem with my nintendo wii, will auto on when i pluged in the power suply, (still can play game)

I cannot get my Wii console to come on. I have tried hitting the red reset button. Unplugging it several time. Plugging it in to a different socket. Unplugging it from the console itself. I have held down the power button for a while. I get nothing. no lights. Any ideas?

Hi,

My wii display turns off for 2 sec and come back on, it happens quite often and keep me from playing correctly..

I've made a video of it, you can see the TV screen turning to black and coming back on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDa7YXzmu9U

Anyone know what it is?

Edit:

Nevermind, It seems it was my composite cable that was defective. Don't buy Intec stuffs, its crap :O

Last edited:
Back