Favorite retro game

Yeah...like continuously needed to blow air into NES cartridges and holding down the reset button to get games to load up...

MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH FTW!

Double Dash was awesome. I really wish they kept in the whole two-characters-per-kart deal on Mario Kart Wii... Best gimmick ever in the Mario Kart series. Character-unique items were pretty boss too.

MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH FTW! Best game ever on gamecube in my opinion, ocarina of time is a very close second.

DD was awful
64 is was better.

There was a certain way of putting in NES carts, not all the way in, just enough for the game to be pressed down, works every time

There was a certain way of putting in NES carts, not all the way in, just enough for the game to be pressed down, works every time

Yes yes I remember that...sliding the game cartridge in *just* far enough to push it down, basically clicking against the front of the slot. Oh yes, those were the dayz... A bit of alcohol on the end of a q-tip did wonders too, although I'm not sure if you were supposed to do that. But it worked!

DD was awful
64 is was better.

My opinion is the exact opposite after I went back and played 64 again lol. I think 64 aged really badly, and the only reason I thought it was a great game prior to playin' it again was extreme nostalgia. Double Dash was a more polished game IMO.

When I read the title of this thread I had to step back and say to myself,
Game!?! :skep:
As in only one? :eek:ut: If any one is like me in any way, once you think of a "Game," two or three more pop into you head. If you don't pull back and regroup, you will end up rolling on the floor punching & choking yourself. Soooooooooo.............

When I think of retro :thumbsup: I think of a cart based system. I love the old carts and am more partial to that form of gaming.

Limited to only those systems that I own. :c)

My most favorite is the Turbo Grafx 16, due to the amount of arcade type shooters that this console has in its library. One top favorite is Soldier Blade being that it stays in the console most of the time and Bonk's Revenge would take an easy second. A lot of good gaming here on this little system.
My second favorite system would be my NEO GEO CD console. King of Fighters Series, Samurai Showdown series, Last Blade series, arcade fighting, love it. (yeah I know it is not a cart based system, but still...)
NES & Famicom, Super Mario 3, Crisis Force, & Gun Nac. Really there are a ton of games I could list here.
SNES, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, & Gradius III. OK then Super R-Type too. There are so many more I could list.
Sega Genny, again the shooters. Bio Hazard Battle, Lightening Force, Gunstar Heroes, Gaiares, Truxton, and of course Phantasy Star IV. And there are a ton more games and It is an insult for not listing them. I apologize.
Atari Jaguar (no I am not a loser) love Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, and Raiden on this system. Rayman is also good.
Nintendo 64- the last cart based home console / and debatable with some whether or not it is retro- it would have to be Ridge Racer 64 & Star Fox 64 at the top of my list of games on this one.
Handheld gaming,
On the original Gameboy it would have to be Nemesis and Super Mario Land. Ton of games here that are still good to play.
Neo Geo Pocket Color- Metal Slug Series, KOF-MOM, Last Blade, & Samurai Shodown.
Atari Lynx- Stun Runner, Rygar, & Checkered Flag.
Swan Crystal- One Piece: Swan Colosseum
Gameboy Color- R-Type DX & Super Wario Land
And I think that I will stop right here and not go into the GBA. I am not sure I could pinpoint any one game on that system at this time.
I am pondering the CD based systems that I have and will have to repost. Tough to choose.

I know that the games or game was the question, but when I think of Game I think of GAMES. And When I think of GAMES, I think of the different systems that I find those favorites on. And I guess it is how you define the term "retro" when it comes to gaming. Because I hesitated with the GBA. Not sure I consider it retro. But when it comes to consoles I am more inclined to include the N64 as retro due to the "cart storage medium" for a home console. :confused5:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Final Fantasy III
DooM

I can't choose a favorite, but I can tell you those three deserve all the love in the world!

Tekken 3 is my favourite ever!!! Then my second would be Final Fantasy VIII. >;C

Back