Favorite Saying/Quote

nxcmp

Tech Support
Jan 22, 2008
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
not much chit chat going on today so I'll make a new thread. What would be one of your favorite saying or quotes. 2 at most.

1. "In the middle, of the journey of our life, I found myself astray in a dark wood, where the straight road had been lost." - Dante's Inferno

2. "Anyone who has never made a mistake in life, has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

this is from an indian movie: when a guy invites himself over someones house and asks for some water, other guy says " we dont drink water here. save water, drink beer. thats our motto"

Oh god, I live my life through quotes. I write them down and keep them lying all over my house, my room is strewn with them.

I particularly like "I'm that damn good" because it applies under almost any circumstance, and its quite funny. Near my bed I've got 'Right now, your competition is training,' and thats stopped me from going to bed quite a few times. On the cieling above my bed I've got "There's no need to be inspired when you can be the inspiration," which I absolutely adore, and would probably be my favorite quote of all time.

And then there's quotes from songs, which give a deeper meaning because they are tied to music. I like dedicating songs to people that I know, and then whenever I hear that song I think of them. Its really fun, especially when you tell them about it. I've had friends call me late at night to tell me that 'my song' just played on the radio, I love it.

I'm sorry, I'm done now.

Coco Chanel:
“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”

Barack Obama:
"What Washington needs is adult supervision."

...meh, sorry they're not all ~*deep*~

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."- Douglas Adams

"The words of truth are always paradoxical"- Laozi

‘Aim towards the enemy.’

-Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

‘When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.’

-US Marine Corps

‘It’s generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.’

-USAF Manual

‘Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo.’

-Infantry Journal

Actually thought of this one myself, but I'm pretty sure someone else came up with it.

"The Most Things You Want In Life Require Patience"

Samus101 said:
‘Aim towards the enemy.’

-Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

‘When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.’

-US Marine Corps

‘It’s generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.’

-USAF Manual

‘Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo.’

-Infantry Journal

You just stole 2 of mine...

"In the end, everything will turn alright. If everything isn't alright, it's not the end." - Unknown

1, is in my sig

2-winners never quit and quitters never win -michael jordan

"Wahaha, Waaaa!" - Waluigi

*sniff* that got me through a lot of hard times

"hi, how are you....OR how high are you?"
-friends/co-workers

"i'll draw your bath and i'll load your gun
but i hope so bad that you'll bathe and hunt"

-streetlight manifesto

Last edited:
ONLY TWO!?

I, like Leve, love quotes, but always forget them. =/ Same with songs...

There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

I'm going to like talking to you. - Guess

I never knew it was Ren Descartes that said that, interesting.

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." - Walt Disney.

There's so many more I like, this one always stands out for me though.

Back