Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn

You normally won't find me complementing the ps3, but RPG's is all I'm getting it for. RPG's are hands down my favorite genre, while Nintendo consoles get a few rpg like games, they mostly dont compare to what is available on the other two consoles. Just my opinion though, your mileage may vary.

I hope we can actually make the strikes with the wiimote. I've mastered Elliwood, Emphriam, and Ike's battle-stance!

There have been quite a lot of info regarding goddess of dawn after it's release. Here's a run-down if you're interested:

Character Classes

Stage 1 Sword Knight
Stage 2 Blade Knight
Stage 3 Gold Knight - Weapon:Axe

Stage 1 Lance Knight
Stage 2 Glory Knight
Stage 3 Silver Knight - Weapon:Bow

Stage 1 Axe Knight
Stage 2 Great Knight
Stage 3 Gold Knight - Weapon:Sword

Stage 1 Arrow Knight
Stage 2 Bow Knight
Stage 3 Silver Knight

Stage 1 Light Mage - Weapon:Light
Stage 2 Light Sage - Other:Staff
Stage 3 Priestess - Skill:Dawnlight

Stage 1 Myrmidon - Weapon:Sword, Skill:Crt +5
Stage2 Swordmaster - Skill:Crt +10
Stage 3 Sword Saint - Skill Crt +20, Skill:Astra

Stage 1 Soldier - Weapon:Lance
Stage 2 Halberdier - Skill:Crt +5
Stage 3 Holy Lancer - Skill:Crt +10, Skill:Crush

Stage 1 Fighter - Weapon:Axe
Stage 2 Warrior - Weapon:Crossbow
Stage 3 Axe Brave - Skill:Collosus

Stage 1 Archer - Weapon:Bow
Stage 2 Sniper - Weapon:Crossbow, Skill Crt +10
Stage 3 Divine Archer - Skill:Snipe, Range +1

Stage 1 Sword Armour - Weapon:Sword
Stage 2 Sword Dux - Weapon:Lance
Stage 3 Marshall - Skill:Luna, Weapon:Axe

Stage 1 Lance Armour - Weapon:Lance
Stage 2 Glory Dux - Weapon:Axe
Stage 3 Marshall - Skill:Luna, Weapon:Sword

Stage 1 Axe Armour - Weapon:Axe
Stage 2 Great Dux - Weapon:Sword
Stage 3 Marshall - Skill:Luna, Weapon:Lance

Stage ??? Black Knight - Skill:Luna, Weapon:Sword, Lance

Stage 1 Thief - Weapon:Knife
Stage 2 Rogue N/A\
Stage 3 Espion - Skill:Lethality

Stage 1 Fire Mage - Weapon:Fire
Stage 2 Fire Sage - Weapon:Thunder, Wind
Stage 3 Archsage - Skill:Flare, Other:Staff

Stage 1 Thunder Mage - Weapon:Thunder
Stage 2 Thunder Sage - Weapon:Fire, Wind

Stage 1 Wind Mage - Weapon:Wind
Stage 2 Wind Sage - Weapon:Fire, Thunder

Stage 2 Dark Sage - Weapon:Dark, Thunder
Stage 3 Archsage - Skill:Flare, Weapon:Fire, Wind, Other:Staff

Stage ??? Empress - Skill:Flare, Weapon:Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light

Stage 1 Priest - Other:Staff
Stage 2 Bishop - Weapon:Light
Stage 3 Saint - Skill:Dawnlight

Stage 1 Pegasus Knight - Weapon:Lance
Stage 2 Falcon Knight - Weapon:Sword
Stage 3 Enlil Knight - Skill:Shout

Stage 2 Queen - Skill:Shout Weapon:Sword Other:Staff

Stage 1 Wyvern Rider - Weapon:Axe
Stage 2 Wyvern Lord - Weapon:Lance/
Stage 3 Lindwurm - Skill:Shout

Stage 3 Hero - Weapon:Sword
Stage 4 Vanguard - Skill:Heavens

Stage 1 Cleric - Weapon:Sword, Other:Staff,
Stage 2 Valkyrie - Skill:Sol

Stage 2 Assassin - Weapon:Knife, Skill:Slay, Skill:Crt +25

Returning Characters:

The Greil Mercenaries:
Ike
Mist
Titania
Soren
Oscar
Boyd
Rolf
Rhys
Shinon
Gatrie

Path of Radiance Characters Returning:
Mia
Ilyana
Marcia
Volke
Kieran
Nephenee
Brom
Zihark
Sothe
Jill
Astrid
Makalov
Stefan
Tormod
Devdan
Tanith
Calill
Tauroneo
Haar
Bastian
Lucia
Geoffrey
Elincia

Laguz:
Reyson
Leanne
Ena
Nasir
Tibarn
Naesala
Lethe
Mordecai
Muarim
Ulki
Janaff
Ranulf
Giffca
Caineghis
Deghinsea
Kurthnaga
Nealuchi

Other:
The Black Knight
Sephiran
The Apostle Sanaki
The Merchants (2 our of 4 confirmed)
Sigrun
Zelgius
Izuka
Renning

New Characters:

Micaiah
Eddie
Noys/Noyce
Leonardo
Laura
Pelleas
Heather
Frieda
Meg
Brad

Laguz:
Schriml - Caineghis' nephew
Rafiel - Heron prince
Nike - Wolf laguz queen
Lyre - younger sister of Lethe
(there may be others)

So yeah, have fun reading this. If this information is old to you, please keep it to yourself. There is no need for you to announce it to the world.

I am quite interested in this game, having played the gba fire emblem, and enjoying both rpgs and strategy games. However it does seem to be more of a japanese franchise, so I wouldn't hold your breath over an american/europe release until 2008

2008? What are you talking about?
It is coming out in NA in Q3 roughly. It's already anounced its coming out, and I agree though, Fire Emblem isn't as big as it is in Japan, but that doesn't mean its not big here.
The past Fire Emblem games like PoR and Sacred Stones and a few other ones, have all been released in America 6 months after they were released in Japan. so Expect this game in August or September.

I've never played Fire Emblem or a full RPG before (I don't count Zelda as an RPG...I mean really guys its an Adventure Game). So I'm tempted to get it but from what I've read on IGN its not really much of an upgrade in terms of graphics and other things. Heres the article if you're interested in reading it: http://wii.ign.com/articles/767/767088p1.html

I dunno I'm really torn now. It seems like a really involved game that has a great storyline so I might just f*ck it, take a chance, and buy it. However it doesn't even use the Wiimote a lot, I didn't play Path of Radiance so I might be totally clueless as to whats going on in the game, and chances are another Fire Emblem game will come out in the future for the Wii right? What do you guys think?

MasterJedi2U said:
I've never played Fire Emblem or a full RPG before (I don't count Zelda as an RPG...I mean really guys its an Adventure Game). So I'm tempted to get it but from what I've read on IGN its not really much of an upgrade in terms of graphics and other things. Heres the article if you're interested in reading it: http://wii.ign.com/articles/767/767088p1.html

I dunno I'm really torn now. It seems like a really involved game that has a great storyline so I might just f*ck it, take a chance, and buy it. However it doesn't even use the Wiimote a lot, I didn't play Path of Radiance so I might be totally clueless as to whats going on in the game, and chances are another Fire Emblem game will come out in the future for the Wii right? What do you guys think?

You can probably get away with not playing PoR (it wasn't that great anyway). If there's essential info you need to know, the game should provide it to you (or just come here and ask someone).Don't listen to IGN because you can't really incorporate Wiimote controls without it being gimmicky. Yes, there's "point and click" but it doesn't have any advantage over using classic controls (if anything it's more annoying to use). Also, there is a graphical improvement (especially with still cut-scenes) but not that much.

Try GoD yourself and don't let gaming sites steer you away from this game. GoD is really shaping up to be a kickass game and much better than PoR. Go ahead and get this because I don't see another FE coming on the Wii until late 2009/2010.

EDIT: I read the preview and it's typical IGN, with its bitching about how the graphics suck. Don't listen to that.

Last edited:
Thanks yeah I don't like IGN like 95% of the time but they did seem to know what they were talking about in the article so I decided to give em a LIL credit cuz in some aspects they are right. However you have point too about the next FE game coming out in 2009 or w/e. It looks to be a really fun game so I'm gonna pick it up.

Umm this might be a stupid question and I apologize if it is. Its just that I've never played a FE game before and I don't know how they work. So my question is for the AMERICAN version will the voices and words of the characters be in English? Along with the subtitles at the bottom? Or will it just be English subtiltes and Japanese voices/speech? Please answer cuz this actually is a big factor in whether I'll get the game or not.

Yes, The words and what they say in the little cutscenes will be in English. It's all English, so no need to worry.

Back