Friend Code System - Feedback Required

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Ok, so many of you might know this already but we're working on a new system to allow for greater exchanges of friend codes and online play.

Right now i need as much input as possible, as to what features you'd lie to see in the system and how we can make the system as easy as possible for you to find/share and add friend codes to you wii.

[ Please refrain from normal chatter in this thread i'd just like straight to the point suggestions/requests/ideas ]

Fire away!

You could make a database organized my aplhabet of sites usernames.When you click on one it will automatically send a PM to them telling them that someone added them and if you wanna add them.

Would it be a benefit to have that message sent direct to your Wii console also?

Yeah, I think it would be cool if the message was sent to our Wii telling us that someone added us or wants to play online or something.

here is a idea. You could have like a FC hub and when you click on it up comes all the users names when you find the one you are looking for click on him and it comes up his friend code and all the games they own with wi-fi. Also it shows their current rank on the wii-chat tournement table.(which i am getting too)

There will be a wii-chat leaderboard where all members that use wi-fi and friend codes will be on a chart depending on your performence the higher your rank will be we could also have like for example:

top mario strikers charged player of the month: Wii_BrEnDo2007 (LOL!)
top pokemon battle revo player of the month: Prez
top SSMB PLAYER OF THE MONTH: The_Loose_Cannon

those names are just for talking sake

and finally i am open to help for the fc revamp

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
here is a idea. You could have like a FC hub and when you click on it up comes all the users names when you find the one you are looking for click on him and it comes up his friend code and all the games they own with wi-fi. Also it shows their current rank on the wii-chat tournement table.(which i am getting too)

There will be a wii-chat leaderboard where all members that use wi-fi and friend codes will be on a chart depending on your performence the higher your rank will be we could also have like for example:

top mario strikers charged player of the month: Wii_BrEnDo2007 (LOL!)
top pokemon battle revo player of the month: Prez
top SSMB PLAYER OF THE MONTH: The_Loose_Cannon

those names are just for talking sake

and finally i am open to help for the fc revamp

I like the leaderboard idea but how would the scores verified or known?

well like i said matches could be arranged with the hub so only offical matches will go down on the scoreboard and we would need people monitering match arrangements good eh?

ARG I ACCIDENTLY HIT THE X AND CLOSED THE WINDOW!!!! DAMMIT!!

well let me do this again.

the tournament will only work 100% if everyone involved in a match took a pic of the final score and sent it in.

now i0n, i was gonna suggest this in the staff chat area but i guess i can now lol. anyways how about a DS section? alot of people have DS's and it would be awesome to have this kind of system for DS's also

With regards to people registering your friend codes, having a searchable data base is important, the current thread is way too big. I liked the idea of when you add someone, an email is sent to your wii. Everyone would just have to register a wiichat email address that could automaticall send a message to your wii when someone added you.
A tournament leaderboard would be something that would be difficult to monitor, but I'm sure achiveable with the man-hours.

I like the idea that it should go to your Wii, but an email too for when the system is offline (because I have an adapter.) You could have a member list to order by peoples' countries etc. to find people in your area to prevent lag and whatnot.

Would you find it easier entering friend codes from a PM on this forum or from an email sent to your [email protected] email address?

i0n said:
Would you find it easier entering friend codes from a PM on this forum or from an email sent to your [email protected] email address?
Personally I would find it easier going to my wii, but others may not, so I agree with paintballer, an option would be good. Maybe have the default as set to going to the wii, and then if the user would rather it go to email, they check a box or something?

Back