Friend Codes Petition v2.1

phillepino

SSBB Name = JAA!
Oct 7, 2007
SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
My thread before got deleted in the Nintendo Wii Forum (general topics) but I'm guessing it's because it's in the wrong section. Either that or it's because I posted a link outside of the forums. In any case, I have posted a thread in the Site Feedback section relating to this problem, however, it was simply ignored or unseen.

Anyways back to the point, as some of you may know I attempted to create a thread, limiting people from arguing or posting for more than once, only for people to sign the petition that describes the friend codes system flaws and asking for Nintendo to modify their friend codes system into a more efficient one. The original thread can be found here : http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/40163-friend-codes-petition.html

Due to some people who did not cooperate, the thread became... well.... butchered.

I followed the suggestion from a member who obviously had more time spent in this forum, to find other measures to reach out to those who agrees with me and other ways to sign the petition besides the "one post per person" thing.

I found time to do this and here's the link : http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiifriendcodes/

I encourage everyone of you who agrees before and who agrees now to please sign this petition!

We hope to make a change! Every voice in this community counts!!!

Last edited:
^ What's your reason for it to close? I bet you didn't even read the petition.

O well ignorance is popular nowadays.

Thank you come again.

I highly doubt it got deleted because it was in the wrong section. And even if it were in the wrong section, Friend Codes are used for ONLINE features.

phillepino said:
^ What's your reason for it to close? I bet you didn't even read the petition.

O well ignorance is popular nowadays.

Thank you come again.

I did read it and I don't think Nintendo will even sniff that petition. So it's a waste of time

LevesqueIsKing said:
I highly doubt it got deleted because it was in the wrong section. And even if it were in the wrong section, Friend Codes are used for ONLINE features.

Look, if you read it carefully...

User name substitution instead of elongated friend codes.
Removal of the necessity to add friends again in specific games if they are already added in the Wii's address book.
Like I said, It's not to remove the friend codes system, but to modify it.

I read it the first time you posted it. Nothing you do can change this feature within this gaming generation.

^maybe not on the present games and the complete removal of friend codes, but....

i'm sure there's certain programming technique that can transfer the Wii address book to games and let them kno which one's are real friends that are added to the wii address book already.

^Of course there is, it has already been incorporated into MP3. Why would Nintendo go out of their way to please you when their console has overtaken the 360 in sales in half the amount of time? WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING? The wii's online sucks, but guess what, YOU STILL BOUGHT ONE. The only way you could get to Nintendo is if you envoked a worldwide boycott of the Nintendo Wii, and good luck getting that together.

THINK LOGICALLY.

Personally I have no qualms about friendcodes.

If your first thread got deleted, it's probably either:
1. Too many of the same type of threads already.
2. People were being abusive in there.
3. The moderators have a grudge against you.

I think the first is more likely...

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Of course there is, it has already been incorporated into MP3. Why would Nintendo go out of their way to please you when their console has overtaken the 360 in sales in half the amount of time? WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING? The wii's online sucks, but guess what, YOU STILL BOUGHT ONE. The only way you could get to Nintendo is if you envoked a worldwide boycott of the Nintendo Wii, and good luck getting that together.

THINK LOGICALLY.

Please me? Here's the point, it's not just for me, it's for everybody to participate in. You know well that the methods of the friend codes system of adding several numbers becomes very redundant and annoying at one point. AND this is highly criticized by people who likes AND dislikes the Wii.

It's not a good or bad thing. Friend codes just needs to be tweaked or modified for the wii to be its best iMO.

That's a great idea. To invoke a worldwide boycott of the Nintendo Wii..

Every BiG things, starts with little grains of effort.

phillepino said:
Please me? Here's the point, it's not just for me, it's for everybody to participate in. You know well that the methods of the friend codes system of adding several numbers becomes very redundant and annoying at one point. AND this is highly criticized by people who likes AND dislikes the Wii.

It's not a good or bad thing. Friend codes just needs to be tweaked or modified for the wii to be its best iMO.

That's a great idea. To invoke a worldwide boycott of the Nintendo Wii..

Every BiG things, starts with little grains of effort.
How will changing friend codes get Nintendo more money? You are not paying for online gameplay, just be grateful for that.

Nintendo is not your best friend, they are not there to please you or anyone else. Nintendo is a large corporation who's goal is to make money, if they end up pleasing the consumer while they're doing that, that's simply a side effect.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
How will changing friend codes get Nintendo more money? You are not playing for online gameplay, just be grateful for that.

Nintendo is not your best friend, they are not there to please you or anyone else. Nintendo is a large corporation who's goal is to make money, if they end up pleasing the consumer while they're doing that, that's simply a side effect.

True, the world is pretty much all about money.

You don't have to point the obvious King Levesque. Everyone knows that.

Would it hurt to try? Every effort CAN lead towards change, obviously has more chances without ur commentaries.

I am already grateful for what the Wii has. I am giving out voice towards Nintendo that what they think the people think about friend codes is wrong.

Back