A way to stop the countless "here's my friend code/clan add me/join" threads

YoungLad

Repeat After Me
Dec 25, 2009
Vienna
Wii Online Code
7154-9562-3568-1393
Considering that such threads take up 70% of the new posts, I'd like to draw your attention to an idea I posted in another thread.
We should make general exchange code threads (for each game one) and one general clan thread plus disable thread adding permission in those sections to avoid such massive spam.
The friend code section would perfectly work without all the extra threads for "Insane Killaz", "Godz of War" or simply "Add me, guyz". There already moves towards it (like the stickied threads for Mario Kart & Guitar Hero), but I believe people are simply too blind to notice those.

To sum it all up, my idea is to

• lock all currently existing standalone threads and move them somewhere unaccessible (posts don't get lost, but the threads themselves disappear)
  • disable the permission for normal users to post threads, so we can avoid further spamming
  • open up general threads for important title (Mario Kart, Brawl, CoD:R, etc.), a thread for clans and maybe a request thread, so that new games can be added
So, what do you say?

Considering that such threads take up 70% of the new posts, I'd like to draw your attention to an idea I posted in another thread.
We should make general exchange code threads (for each game one) and one general clan thread plus disable thread adding permission in those sections to avoid such massive spam.
The friend code section would perfectly work without all the extra threads for "Insane Killaz", "Godz of War" or simply "Add me, guyz". There already moves towards it (like the stickied threads for Mario Kart & Guitar Hero), but I believe people are simply too blind to notice those.

To sum it all up, my idea is to

• lock all currently existing standalone threads and move them somewhere unaccessible (posts don't get lost, but the threads themselves disappear)

• i say just delete them. if they're too blind to see the correct threads then they don't deserve to keep the post.
    [*]disable the permission for normal users to post threads, so we can avoid further spamming
    no because we get a lot of people who make a thread to ask a question and get help. for example, a few days ago someone posted asking about how many wiimotes could be synced into a wii. taking away that privilige would mean they'd wouldn't be able to ask for help.
    [*]open up general threads for important title (Mario Kart, Brawl, CoD:R, etc.), a thread for clans and maybe a request thread, so that new games can be added
already done, for example Brawl has an entire series of sub-forums, sorted by each region. all the others each have a 'Post your friend code here' thread in thier sections. the problem is people are too stupid or too lazy and will instead make thier own thread.
So, what do you say?
the only thing i agree with was the 'get rid of the spam threads' idea

i say just delete them. if they're too blind to see the correct threads then they don't deserve to keep the post.

Fine, if the moderators are into harsher methods of control, I do not mind.

no because we get a lot of people who make a thread to ask a question and get help. for example, a few days ago someone posted asking about how many wiimotes could be synced into a wii. taking away that privilige would mean they'd wouldn't be able to ask for help.

I meant disabling Thread Adding in the friend code/clan section only. People can ask all they want, but in appropriate section that has been made for that purpose (hardware/lounge, depending on the sort of the problem).

already done, for example Brawl has an entire series of sub-forums, sorted by each region. all the others each have a 'Post your friend code here' thread in thier sections. the problem is people are too stupid or too lazy and will instead make thier own thread.
These threads are sorted a bit stray, but that's not the actual dilemma, what do we need the friend code section for, if there are already existing threads for the same purpose?

i dont see many moderators etc around

This would require a mod for just the friend code section as our current ones dont venture there

But friend code threads out side of there own section (like the online help section)should be locked

I wouldn't mind taking over that duty myself, if the site administartion doesn't mind me being a mod. I've got some experience to an extent and it's not like that much of a job.

I want to be a MOD too. I have had exp also. :) gamervortex.co.nr for example.

Everybody wants to be a mod.

Keep this posted, I'm still hoping to get some response from the staff.

Back