General Forum Suggestions

Syntax said:
Not all threads have a specific location given. Thus, for the ones which don't, we will have to contact those members privately and wait for a response back which would take more work + effort. Therefore, it makes it easier for us to just close the thread.

He is trying to raise the point that you're all with the habit of just closing you're overlooking those that actually do give info. that is easily accessible without having to contact the user.

mushroomedmario said:

Locking threads doesn't take long, nor does making a new thread in the proper place to set up a match. This way users can make their Match set up more personal and include more info or whatever they wish.

Its not laziness on our part, but having to move a bunch of FC threads to proper regions is quite the hassle, simply locking and posting a link to the Brawl Match Finder section is a better alternative. Plus once a thread is locked then those threads just end up going to the back pages of the different sections never to be seen again once new posts are made, so its no big deal.

Setting up matches in the Match Finder also gets rid of issues or uncertainties as you only get people from your area and lag etc. is not an issue.

I have a suggestion.
How about a SOTW sub-forum in the design lounge.
Instead of just stickying them, why not put all of them in their own sub-forum?
Wiitalk(a poor ripoff of Wiichat) has one; why can't we?

ROB64 said:
Thats a rather poor comparison, mainly because I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that they actually get things done on their site.

ROB64 said:
I have a suggestion.
How about a SOTW sub-forum in the design lounge.
Instead of just stickying them, why not put all of them in their own sub-forum?

Just because they are a Wii forum that doesn't mean they are a rip off.

Is Fox a copy of ABC1 because it is a tv network?

deleted

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
What is the advantage of that over subscribing? Just curious, Dakuda.

How about removing the 'vc masterlists' from the vc section...they both were stopped getting updated a long time ago and are still sticky...

...?

I'm talking about 'Subscribed Threads', not your User CP. Explain to me how I have 1000+ subscribed threads if they are removed like you say they are.

Just because there are no new posts in them [and they are therefore not in bold print] does not mean you are no longer subscribed...

Congratulations, you successfully went in a complete circle while proving absolutely nothing.

My question was directed at Dakuda.

Back