King Wiired said:
- What time is it where you live?
- Where do you live?
- What did you have to drink today?
- Did you go to school today?
- What's your favourite colour?
- What did you watch on TV today?
- What are you doing tomorrow?

I don't see why they're all needed, as describing how the weather is today isn't fun, just an excuse to post really (yes, I know I posted in that topic :p)

Also I want RPG back, that was d-o-p-e.

no thread in the lounge is needed, in fact there are very few threads that are needed in general

i like to talk about the weather, it's interesting when someone says "i';m having a snow storm in canada, it's freezing"(which is the weather right now where i live) and someone else say s"i've never seen snow in florida, but it's SO FREAKING hot here.....i think i'll go for a swim"

mushroomedmario said:
no thread in the lounge is needed, in fact there are very few threads that are needed in general

i like to talk about the weather, it's interesting when someone says "i';m having a snow storm in canada, it's freezing"(which is the weather right now where i live) and someone else say s"i've never seen snow in florida, but it's SO FREAKING hot here.....i think i'll go for a swim"

Weather is an interesting topic. It can go real deep, geothermal affecting environment and shiz.

hh13.jpg

"Because Life Isn't Fair"

All of the topics I've mentioned are created for the purpose of increasing one's own post count. Thus, I see no point in allowing them to stay open. If a spam forum is added feel free to post threads similar to those there. Otherwise, expect to see them closed.

Syntax said:
hh13.jpg

"Because Life Isn't Fair"

All of the topics I've mentioned are created for the purpose of increasing one's own post count. Thus, I see no point in allowing them to stay open. If a spam forum is added feel free to post threads similar to those there. Otherwise, expect to see them closed.

Oh, face palm. Should of seen that coming.
LOLNO.gif

Because life isn't fair? Nice.:rolleyes:

People make a career out of the weather, the weather can decide lives. Spam.

i'm sorry i just don't see how those threads are created to raise people's post counts, when the majority of them get a single post a day from people post in there

i.e. what did you eat today thread, is in my opinion is a great thread to see what people eat across the globe, but how is it to increase post counts?

"oh for breakfast, i had cereal, lunch i had a sandwich and for dinner i had hot dogs"

that's a single post......stuff like board games, i could see why they would be used to increase post counts(if posts actually counted in that section) but i really can't see at all, how threads like that are used to raise people's post counts

Threads such as those can be seen as spam and I'm sure that if you were to go to any other forum and post threads such as the ones mentioned above you would notice that they to would be closed.

mushroomedmario said:
i.e. what did you eat today thread, is in my opinion is a great thread to see what people eat across the globe, but how is it to increase post counts?

"oh for breakfast, i had cereal, lunch i had a sandwich and for dinner i had hot dogs"

You just contradicted your opinion on the thread with most uninteresting thing I've read in my life.

Thing is, people don't just leave it as just 'yeah I eat Pizza 'cause I'm from Italy' whilst everyone sits there thinking 'wowwwww'.
They'll post what they've eaten, then someone will express there opinion about that; in which they reply. Then someone will say they eat chinese, in which that same person will reply 'Oh, I like noodles from my takeaway' yada yada yada. Thus - flaws in your argument.

King Wiired said:
You just contradicted your opinion on the thread with most uninteresting thing I've read in my life.

Sit down. Your opinion doesn't count for everyones. People may be interested in food. Y'know like...I don't know...say...chefs?

Food is boring to you, interesting to others.

King Wiired said:

Thing is, people don't just leave it as just 'yeah I eat Pizza 'cause I'm from Italy' whilst everyone sits there thinking 'wowwwww'.
They'll post what they've eaten, then someone will express there opinion about that; in which they reply. Then someone will say they eat chinese, in which that same person will reply 'Oh, I like noodles from my takeaway' yada yada yada. Thus - flaws in your argument.

and what's wrong with that? it's good discussion, oh i'm sorry, instead of 1 post added to their post counts, it's 3..........i hope they are very happy with the three posts added to their post count.

i just don't see why there can't be threads about food and weather, i watch anime(naruto, bleach, death note), but i would rather talk about food and weather than anime. and anime gets it's own sub-forum, while food and weather threads get closed.

i just don't see how they are spam, mitch2025 created two threads about the weather, ion created a thread about the weather, if there was a weather thread, then there would be no need for those threads, i'm not saying a weather thread would be the greatest hit on wii chat, but i just can't see why it's viewed as spam

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
Okay, okay.

I just think that if they're truly bad threads than they'll take their course and quickly die. I don't think something as broad as the Off-Topic section needs much maintenance.

EDIT: Hardly, James. If any threads were to go for being off-topic, the Photo Album would definitely be first. And you obviously haven't noticed that, as of late, a group of newbs has been posting more in the thinking thread than the regulars.

Am i a noob?

~An all retro section
~PC Gaming Section
~Entertainment Subforums (Sports, Music, TV/Movies)
~Spam section for gigglez

What i think should be added/changed

I think it's the persons fault if they spam, not the thread they post in. In some threads it's easer to spam yes, but it's possible to just spam in any thread.

However, there have been threads made by members which are there to just increase their post count. So, in order to prevent this we, the staff, have begun to close these threads. However, as I've mentioned earlier, if a spam section were to be added I'd gladly allow them in that section for discussion.

I agree, I didn't think that the Off Topic section would increase your post count. However, I feel that there are a lot of threads in there of some substance. I advise the creation of a subforum (not called spam section, because that would be too difficult to maintain, but something along those lines) which does not increase your post count.

Introduction thread should not increase your post count.

Back