Grand theft auto countdown (trailer)

Pause the game during the scenes in time square, you can see all types of people and funny names of the stores.

i have a feeling that this game will start out in russia, then you will progress and make your way to NYC. I like the idea of an immigrant just starting off in GTA, the others just kinda dropped you in the middle of the story. For some reason when watching the trailer i keep thinking of half life 2.

Half-Life 2? I agree. They must be using the same or similar graphics engine or software or something. The water, lighting, buildings, all look the same.

TexasDudeUSA said:
Half-Life 2? I agree. They must be using the same or similar graphics engine or software or something. The water, lighting, buildings, all look the same.
Hmm. They deff used a different engine in this game. Maybe they incorporated the HL engine into this game? Ive also noticed that it flows differently, like the camera, and basicly the way everything moves.
Im really excited to see how thie GTA will turn out.

no no no, they are using Their RAGE engine to power GTA 4. Secondly it WILL come out for the PC about a year after its released for the PS3.

Great, what an exciting waste of bandwidth. I think we get that games on the 360 and PS3 have pretty graphics, how about showing us what we'll be doing in the game. Instead of chopping over some boring cityscapes that we've seen in every other GTA, and giving us a 2 second preview of the main character.

I'm sure this will suck, just like San Andreas did. And to top it off, they'll give us a shitty port from the PS3 to the PC, which wont work properly, and will have half-ass ported controls.

umm gta sa was a great game :l
btw on the boat under platypus(maybe its just my)i read liberty city

Last edited:
Flip said:
Great, what an exciting waste of bandwidth. I think we get that games on the 360 and PS3 have pretty graphics, how about showing us what we'll be doing in the game. Instead of chopping over some boring cityscapes that we've seen in every other GTA, and giving us a 2 second preview of the main character.

I'm sure this will suck, just like San Andreas did. And to top it off, they'll give us a shitty port from the PS3 to the PC, which wont work properly, and will have half-ass ported controls.

And still however much it may suck it can't fail since it's GTA they can get away with murder...
The PC ports have been pretty poor in quality.

If you click on "Legal" at the bottom, it has copyright for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Little hint there perhaps?

Back