Grand Theft Auto on Wii

T3kNi9e said:
Are you blind? Did you not read the above posts? He said people who will already own GTA4 on PS3/360 would still buy it on Wii and claimed anyone who said they wouldn't is a liar. SO im saying that NO, I would not buy some halfbaked GTA game for the Wii just cuz it has a Wii-mote. Like Sovieto said, Wii-mote isn't that fun to warrant buying a game.

Ok you made your point, but I dont believe its fair to say that it would be half baked just because its the wii.

Ok. I own a 360 and a Wii.

Lets say GTA4 comes to all three consoles.

I buy it on 360, easily, for two reasons:

1.) DLC
2.) Xbox Live Multiplayer

I like the Wii controls in games like RE4, Table Tennis, Scarface, etc.
But what comes down to it is a game's replay value.
Why buy it instead of renting it?

DLC and Multiplayer.

The PS3 and the 360 have it.
The Wii doesn't.

Last edited:
and to add onto your list...you can actually talk to people when your playing on the 360 instead of sitting there by yourself...so when something Fing awesome happens you have someone to share it with.

T3kNi9e said:
Are you blind? Did you not read the above posts? He said people who will already own GTA4 on PS3/360 would still buy it on Wii and claimed anyone who said they wouldn't is a liar. SO im saying that NO, I would not buy some halfbaked GTA game for the Wii just cuz it has a Wii-mote. Like Sovieto said, Wii-mote isn't that fun to warrant buying a game.

Its a matter of OPINION, some people are less fortunate and can't buy a 360 or a ps3 so yeah, people that can buy a ps3, 360 and a wii then thats great for them. but some people can't afford all three consoles. and its a matter of opinion geez. every system a equal in its value. Its all a matter of opinion, no console is better than the other, its what features you want.

castlezelda said:
Its a matter of OPINION, some people are less fortunate and can't buy a 360 or a ps3 so yeah, people that can buy a ps3, 360 and a wii then thats great for them. but some people can't afford all three consoles. and its a matter of opinion geez. every system a equal in its value. Its all a matter of opinion, no console is better than the other, its what features you want.
/fail

hop3less said:
Ok. I own a 360 and a Wii.

Lets say GTA4 comes to all three consoles.

I buy it on 360, easily, for two reasons:

1.) DLC
2.) Xbox Live Multiplayer

I like the Wii controls in games like RE4, Table Tennis, Scarface, etc.
But what comes down to it is a game's replay value.
Why buy it instead of renting it?

DLC and Multiplayer.

The PS3 and the 360 have it.
The Wii doesn't.

Are you trying to make a point to me that I do not already know?

thats the same thing I was thinking

All of these arguments seemed based on GTA IV being remade for the Wii, but why not an older build of the game? Considering how many PS2 ports the Wii has already why not consider porting some GTA with wii controls. Rockstar is showing the Wii some love with Manhunt and Bully, it's obviously worth their time and $$$ to simply port over "last gen" titles with improvements and motion control. I'd buy an original game.

San Andraes Stories?

Because Wii remote controls are not that special to warrant a port of an old game. I have no idea why they even did a Bully port, I think they wanted to do a updated version for the 360 and decided to go ahead and do it for the Wii but with the old graphics. Just play the original... it's not like PS2 is over, they're still selling it.

ckeegan said:
OK, so first of all, I know this has been beat to death, but do you honestly think it would be stupid for Rockstar to create a GTA game for Wii? Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wouldn't buy a Wii version of GTA, even if you already had GTA IV on PS3 or 360? If you say wouldn't buy it, then you're lying.

The fact is, that the entire control scheme would make people curious, and they would probably buy it just to have it. After all, as of 12/31/07, Nintendo has shipped over 20 million units worldwide, and has sold more units than PS3 and 360 combined in the US.

Honestly, I think it would be an idiotic financial decision for Rockstar NOT to create a GTA build for the Wii. I know I would buy it, and yes, you probably would too...even if just out of curiosity.

Hmm...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To put it simply, No.

~I think it might be close to IMPOSSIBLE to port a game like GTAIV from a console with teh awesomez graphix to a console with moving pictures drawn with crayons for graphics (it doesn't even get the x in it so yah). Plus, im sure that the current engine used in the game wont even work on the Wii.

~Do you know how much they would have to take out of the game so it would fit on THREE DISKS???

~Crappy online play=YELLOW SPHINCTER

~The controls would just suck, even if they were opted for the GC or Classic controller. I just cant see myself playing GTA with a GC controller, ever.

OVER TO THE FINANCIAL SIDE OF THINGS

~Im sure parents want their kids playing a game where you can pick up a ho, do your business, and then beat her with a baseball bat to get your money back, and afterwards you do it again just for kicks

Last edited:
Back