Grand Theft Auto?

Mr.NiceGuy said:
*SIGH*
I will copy and paste exactly what I posted here last week.
It is such ashame THAT NO ONE HAS PLAYED SCARFACE FOR THE WII...
====
Well I guess no one here has played SCARFACE which is ashame since it is a kick ass Wii game. It is basically Vice City with improvements. (you can call a car/boat at anytime on your cell, you can piss on downed opponents, you can pimp your mansion with all kinds of crap - stuffed tigers!!) Oh and also you slowly work you way up by first selling grams of coke to local street dealers and by the end you are selling kilos to all of your fronts. This game is really amazing if you like GTA.

Finally the best upgrade is the ability to drive and shoot with the wiimote. Imagine driving around as fast as possible and shooting where ever you want with the wiimote. This is easily the best adaption of the wiimote I have seen in an adventure game. It just feels so easy to snipe heads, arms, and legs off while driving around...

Oh and did I mention the chainsaw... muwhahahahaha
To get to the point, please atleast rent Scarface and you will see that it is not only the most 'mature' game for the Wii but it is incredibly addicting and fun to work your way up in the world.
--------
I cannot stress this enough, the whole story is fluid, you actually feel like you are making strides towards dominating the world as Tony. It is so much better that GTA it is not even funny. Please at least rent the game and anyone will instantly see what I am talking about.

GTA was a great game but the story was very 'disconnected'. All the side missions didn't connect to the story and were just 'side missions'. In SCARFACE the side missions actually effect the main story and everything flows together. It is hard to describe but you really bring Tony from rags to riches, from grams to kilos, from low riders to $3 million cars, from bribing the cops and gangs to owning the cops and gangs...

It is an excellent way to get lost in Tony's world and it is hilarious. Did I forget to mention that you can have over 30 conversations with any pedestrian, decapitations, peeing on downed opponents, being able to yell at anyone at any time... This game has it all

thanks very much.

i like the humour in gta so that's a plus. those other games sound so... serious. i have to give them a go.

i am also a massive GTA fan.
every time i ask the question which is better godfather or scarface, everyone always says godfather, i havnt heard too much about scarface but that little bit you wrote intrigued me.
the only reason why i havnt gone out and got it yet is because it seems too much like Vice City.

one of my favourite parts in the GTA series is the soundtrack it has in it.
does scarface have something similar?

Yeah, as stated... Scarface for the Wii is your best bet, since it's much similar to GTA: Vice City, so definetly give that a go... Though, the only flaw i found in the game, was the voice actor that was hired to imitate the voice of Al Pacino..

I could go on for hours about Scarface but I will try to keep it short...

- They actually asked Al Pacino to do the voice but he was afraid he couldn't get it like it used to be so he hand picked the voice actor that plays him...

- They have a good soundtrack that doesn't have all the 'major' songs from the 80's but its got plenty of good songs, also you can play music at any time and create song lists.

- This game is very humorous, it doesn't take itself very seriously and has fun with Tony's world.

- This game is definitely 'modeled' after Vice City but it adds many improvements that give the game a better cohesive story. (ex. calling up a driver, buying exotics (cars, boats, tigers, etc), pimping the mansion, shooting with the wiimote while driving, and a great interaction between tony and the world...

- The AI in the game is better than Vice City or even San Andreas. When you hire a bodyguard, if you try to ditch him by driving away. He will steal another person's car and follow you around until you stop. Then hop out and assist you when needed.

- There is a rage mode that you get when you fill up your 'balls' meter.
When this is full you go into a blind rage and the game turns into a First Person Shooter for 30 seconds. You have infinte energy and infinite bullets so you run around killing everyone in sight, screaming profanities... oh and you get energy for every person you kill in this mode. So it works as a great way to clear a room and refill your energy...

Simply put, this game is amazing and will keep you entertained for many many hours... especially if you like GTA... and even more if you like Scarface.
(by the way, i never saw scarface but i still love this game)

@MrNiceGuy thank you for mini review about Scarface, I was completely unaware of it.
I will be looking into it, and think I may well buy it.
If you have any more info you would like to pass on, feel free :D

owlsgo said:
bahahaha.

i downloaded vice city and it was crappy quality, which you have to expect when downloading. san andreas is on it's way.

is there any more reliable sources for those games? ...free?

thepiratebay.org

Mr.NiceGuy said:
Simply put, this game is amazing and will keep you entertained for many many hours... especially if you like GTA... and even more if you like Scarface.
(by the way, i never saw scarface but i still love this game)

i think you should buy scarface and watch it many times!
just like i think i will buy scarface and play many times!

owlsgo said:
torrents are too ****ing hard.

i am squealing for gtaiv.

They are easy. Once you get used to them you will wonder how you ever lived without them :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
They are easy. Once you get used to them you will wonder how you ever lived without them :lol:

yeh thats how i feel! i barely watch tv any more. i just d/l all the shows/movies i want to watch when i want ad free.
havnt started with games...yet.

Back