Has anyone noticed... (about theme song)

See my first post. I doubt that there is supposed to be a legitimate answer.

Lol'd HARD at Hobinu stealing a dead beaver.

Here's a pretty interesting theory of Master Hand and Tabuu.

Master Hand represents the spirit of creativity necessary to craft beautiful and fun games. He's the visionary, the artist. Without him, all you have is the same tired **** over and over again.

Crazy Hand represents the spirit of destruction and conflict necessary to enjoy games. He's the one who makes the driving reasons to PLAY the game. Without him, all you have is pretentious artsy fartsy bullshit. Lots of fluff, no substance.

In this case, what does Tabuu represent?

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great. No single character could fight such a terrible force, thus, everyone who stood against Tabuu was defeated with ease. Even Master Hand, the spirit of creativity, couldn't hope to even begin to hope to lay a scratch on it alone. Maybe if his other half had been there.

This also, by the way, explains why Sonic didn't show up until he did. He had already been a prisoner of Tabuu's for a solid four-five years now. This also explains why Tabuu effortlessly destroys everybody else but Sonic ****ing blindsides him. Why would you expect somebody you've beaten consistently for four years to suddenly pose a threat to you? Sakurai is saying that Brawl is Sonic's best game in a long while, and he's right.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
That was a rather interesting insight. Did you write it?

Sadly, no. I wouldn't have even thought up of something like that. I do agree with it strongly, though.

I meant that it wasn't directly the story of SE. I meant that it's just saying how the heroes prevailed against the evil and they were working together, hero and villain.

VidyaVince said:
Sadly, no. I wouldn't have even thought up of something like that. I do agree with it strongly, though.
then whoever did write it is pretty good at making up stuff that sonic thing you would have to guess on or something theres no proof or maybe he is sonic?

alexbel said:
then whoever did write it is pretty good at making up stuff that sonic thing you would have to guess on or something theres no proof or maybe he is sonic?

Sonic has been having terrible games for A WHILE.

Vince, very nice interpretation of the characters and their places, even if you didn't make it up, I do think that Sonic, even if this is his best game in awhile, wasn't in the Supspace until the very end, even if some might consider him the hero. I'm not going to lie, I liked Sonic Heroes.

VidyaVince said:

Master Hand represents the spirit of creativity necessary to craft beautiful and fun games. He's the visionary, the artist. Without him, all you have is the same tired **** over and over again.

Crazy Hand represents the spirit of destruction and conflict necessary to enjoy games. He's the one who makes the driving reasons to PLAY the game. Without him, all you have is pretentious artsy fartsy bullshit. Lots of fluff, no substance.

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great. No single character could fight such a terrible force, thus, everyone who stood against Tabuu was defeated with ease. Even Master Hand, the spirit of creativity, couldn't hope to even begin to hope to lay a scratch on it alone. Maybe if his other half had been there.

This also, by the way, explains why Sonic didn't show up until he did. He had already been a prisoner of Tabuu's for a solid four-five years now. This also explains why Tabuu effortlessly destroys everybody else but Sonic ****ing blindsides him. Why would you expect somebody you've beaten consistently for four years to suddenly pose a threat to you? Sakurai is saying that Brawl is Sonic's best game in a long while, and he's right.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

It makes sense...not as in a full story but as in the lyrics representing a strong presence of antagonist and protagonist along with old allies, new allies and same with enemies.

VidyaVince said:

Someone dropped acid.

VidyaVince said:
Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great.
I just thought of something too...

You know how the desert gets blown up? Well where were the E.T games buried? The desert.

The lyrics to this theme are absolutely brilliant. Here's my insight...

Latin was chosen primarily because it is a "dead language." Nobody speaks it anymore. No country uses it as an official language. But it's still useable. That sort of unbias towards modern languages allows Sakurai to make fewer recording translations of the song (someone just has to write the lyrics, not re-record anything), and it shows a lack of favoritism towards any one country, such as his own. i.e., he's creating a greater sense of global community by connecting us all via one of the oldest languages in existence.

Now, as for the lyrics...also genius. It's not quite a specific story, per se, tho it is referencing SSE (and particularly the end of SSE). It is speaking in perspective of a hero (take your pick, there are plenty in this game) who realizes a force so great, he must fight beside other heroes whom (s)he's heard stories (rumours/legends) of, but had not realized were real (Mario and Sonic might have heard legends of each other, but had never met before this game, and could assume them to just be legend). But, this hero must also put aside his differences with his rivals and fight along side them, as well, to conquer this new threat (Mario + Bowser, or as you'll see even the "villains" rivaled amongst themselves...at first...)

EDIT:
Cpt.McCloud said:
It makes sense...not as in a full story but as in the lyrics representing a strong presence of antagonist and protagonist along with old allies, new allies and same with enemies.

The ending of SSE makes sense now. :O

Back