Here's a question

What does hormone treatment exactly do anyways? Does it change the way the body develops, or does it change the way they act and feel emotionally?

Because if they already felt like the opposite sex on the inside I don't see why it would be necessary.

What does hormone treatment exactly do anyways? Does it change the way the body develops, or does it change the way they act and feel emotionally?

Because if they already felt like the opposite sex on the inside I don't see why it would be necessary.
The hormones are for physical changes. They can do various things, e.g. cause facial hair and deepen the voice (for women-to-men), cause breasts to grow (for men-to-women), etc.

OK that's what I thought...

Well I certainly wouldn't fund it but if they did it when they could afford it I wouldn't have any problems with it.

I'm gonna be honest, I wouldn't mind if he/she was gay, or wanted to turn into the opposite sex. However, I would of course feel somewhat strange.

I think people who do it are rather gutsy.

If given the chance at birth I would have chosen to be a boy. I really really hate being female. I don't think I'm alone on that one either.

Other than that I'm butting my opinion out of these threads.

Back