How long to wait in line?

amyval81

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Looks like both the Walmart and Target in my area are going to have Wiis tomorrow morning. I just called Walmart and they said they will be selling them at 8 am. I was thinking about trying to line up at 6 am, do you all think this is early enough? Unfortunately they wouldn't tell me how many they would have to sell.
For those who have bought Wiis recently, what was you line experience like?
Thanks!

Let me tell you about the wii quest.

Me and my friend todd both went to town on our adderall perscriptions. I was wide awake the whole night. but in addition to this, we went to ihop and drank about 30 cups of coffee each. then the fun began.

Toys R' Us.....2:30 AM

We were the first ones in line. #1 baby!!!! We braved the cold on that sunday morning for 7 and 1/2 hours. We had a backpack full of food, camp chairs, and a small grill to keep warm. It was a pleasant experience...........despite the fact that it was FREEZING.

I played my wii that day for about 2-3 hours and then passed out for 28 hours. it was awesome. When I woke up, it was like it was all a dream.... except guess what?! I HAD A WII ON LAUNCH DAY AND NO ONE ELSE DID! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Wicked. I hope every one shares their stories.

Jack

amyval81 said:
Looks like both the Walmart and Target in my area are going to have Wiis tomorrow morning. I just called Walmart and they said they will be selling them at 8 am. I was thinking about trying to line up at 6 am, do you all think this is early enough? Unfortunately they wouldn't tell me how many they would have to sell.
For those who have bought Wiis recently, what was you line experience like?
Thanks!

I'm thinking about 4-5 hours should be a good, depending on the area you live in though.

I picked mine up on Sunday after waiting in line for 4 hours. Was about 10th or so in line. Turns out a few people in front of me were not even given tickets, because they were recognized from the launch day as to picking up like 6 systems and now they're back in line for more. Probably to sell them on eBay or something, so they were denied. Never camped before for a system, so I was ill-prepared. No blanket, chair, food, etc. Glad I camped out though. Met a few people, even got offered a chair, coffee, etc. Walked out with the Wii and an extra hard-to-find-rare-as-hell Wii-mote and nunchuck. The hunt is over now....Good luck with yours!!! :yesnod:

We waited in line at launch for only an hour and half. Target had 69. Then we went to pick up our preordered systems at Toys R Us at 10am.

This past Sunday, we waited in line for 2 hours. Again, not bad at all.

Between the two of us, we got our hands on 7 systems. We're getting more tomorrow too.

Im getting mine in Game on the 8th. Shop opens at 7:30 they said
Setting off at 6, Buses are terrible then though. I'll tell you about my Journey on like the 8th or something lol

Hmm, I don't think I can really face getting in line any earlier than 6 am since I'm already running on very little sleep and have to work all day tomorrow. It sounds like some people didn't have to wait nearly that long though. Maybe I'll go see what the line is like around 6 or 6:30 and stay if it looks reasonable and leave if not. It's OK if I don't get one tomorrow, I just want to find one before Christmas. Thanks all.

i got mine on the 25th .... was planning to get in line around 3 or 4 a.m. but I happened to drive by the store at 1 a.m. and noticed a line of about 50 people already ... raced home, got all the winter gear together (i'm in Canada remember), and back to the line, about 10 more had shown since I drove by; turned out they had 71 units at this store and I got #62 ... if i woulda waited until 4 a.m. i woulda been SOL ... so i got in line around 2 a.m., the guy that got #20/71 said he got it line at 7 p.m. that night. still not as bad as the ps3 lines.

Sunday I showed up at Target 10minutes before opening and there were easily a 100 people in line. I then rushed to Circuit City and they were handing out tickets at 8am (2 hours before open). Got there just in time to get the 25th ticket out of 27. Only line I stood in for the Wii was the checkout... I guess it's all luck but if you want to get one without any risk go very very early especially since many walmarts are 24 hours at least you can wait inside rather than in the cold.

Hello everybody... is there any story from Long Beach - CA? See, I'm from abroad and since I'll be at Long Beach next week, I'd like to know if there is such big lines on the stores, because I just can't stay hours and hours in line, I have lots of things to do there.

Thanks a lot.

Kerol_BR said:
Hello everybody... is there any story from Long Beach - CA? See, I'm from abroad and since I'll be at Long Beach next week, I'd like to know if there is such big lines on the stores, because I just can't stay hours and hours in line, I have lots of things to do there.

Thanks a lot.
I'm from Orange, CA (maybe 15-20mins from Long Beach). Basically if you go to Target or Walmart expect massive lines. I got lucky at Circuit City. It's also a good idea to check Best Buy every morning and hang out til their UPS shipment, it's unexpected but you don't have to wait in line and only spend maybe an hour each day sitting around Best Buy til you get one. That's how I scored my PS3 60GB.

Thanks, ocdesi... I think I'll have some troubles, but that's ok, I'll try.

I have a week to get it, hope it's enough... :D

amyval81 said:
Hmm, I don't think I can really face getting in line any earlier than 6 am since I'm already running on very little sleep and have to work all day tomorrow. It sounds like some people didn't have to wait nearly that long though. Maybe I'll go see what the line is like around 6 or 6:30 and stay if it looks reasonable and leave if not. It's OK if I don't get one tomorrow, I just want to find one before Christmas. Thanks all.

Im not planning on having much sleep too on the day. So Im getting about 7 hours sleep and taking a bag of chocolate bars and Red Bull. It'll keep you awake
If you like Coffee which I don't take some Coffee and load in with Sugar

I had to wait in line at 3:00 am at my local target. It was opening at 8:00 am. I was the first in line and got one of 6 available units. But seriously, why would you buy 7 units? So that you put them on ebay and make a quick buck? It is people like you that cause all these shortages and raise the prices to outrageous levels.

Just think next time that some kid behind you in line did not get the wii that he wanted for christmas because clever people like you bought 7 wiis at once so that you take advantage of other people.

tehy had the "1 per family" rule at best buy where i got mine ... there was actually a kid behind me in line that got the last unit; i was happy for him he got his after waiting up with his dad all night long. kinda felt bad for the other 50 people that got turned away; but not for the idiots that started showing up 5 minutes prior to the store opening and being suprised that all of the units were sold .. dumbasses.

Back