how random online play will change the world of trash talking forever

spiff-ssbb said:
HERES your reply haha
i also am looking forward to the tourney vids and stuff. i wanna get in on some small local tourneys. hopefiully they have some in toronto.

but to the on topic stuff. ya it'll be different. people wont be able to fume over losing or gloat over winning so well... and forums will be rid of some newbie trash talkers and be replaced by some decent people who trash talk over how they beat a couple people in a row lol thats my theory
The decent trash talking is all in good fun and actually makes it way more interesting. Unfortunately some people dont know what too far is and they get annoying. But we dont live in a perfect world so we will just have to deal with them. Oh well :O

^ oh i wasn't talking about those who trash talk for fun. tis all fun and dandy. i meant those who get all heated about it... then it just gets dumb and over crouds the threads with a million posts from two poeple telling eachother off lol

I'm back from the dead.
online doesn't prove anything because its laggy,
now that is just complete bull. first off you saw videos of online, last time i checked laggy is when you press a button, 2 seconds later everything moves extremely fast, you died atleast once, and then it shows you respawning normally. . .
and this is america, freedom of speech.
No, this is the internet, not america. Hence why most forums limit your freedom of speech so you cant say (Curse words involved not intended towards anyone)
**** damn **** crap etc etc. . .

Closing argument: Trash talking is fun, yes i agree, but when you call yourself the best? Thats not trash talk, its being ignorant, there will ALWAYS be someone better at you. always.

to balrogs: exactly...for the trash talking part. i cant speak about lag i haven't yet played the game. sure argue over characters and stages that should or shouldnt be in the game... but dont talk crap about your game... not seriously anyways

spiff-ssbb said:
to balrogs: exactly...for the trash talking part. i cant speak about lag i haven't yet played the game. sure argue over characters and stages that should or shouldnt be in the game... but dont talk crap about your game... not seriously anyways
Exactly nice rule to follow otherwise you just look like a complete idiot anyway. Unlike me....most of the time :lol:

Frogger said:
I will talk crap. And will lose. I do that anyway.
haha ya i wasn't talking about those who know they'll lose and just do it for fun. i've said that already though

to Z3wpk: thank you :)

spiff-ssbb said:
everyone who plays melee with their friends thinks their awesome if they can beat those friends. they play noone but those friends and they always own...therefore they assume they own. they come here and begin talking crap about how they will own the world in brawl. i dont know how many 'best link/ pikachu/ bowser/ CF/ falco players in the WORLD' i've read about in posts. i think it will be interesting to see how many of them still talk crap after they play a few dozen random online battles wherein they will EVENTUALLY run into someone who owns their crap. but hey. if you are one and you want to remain one dont play online. continue owning up your four friends and keep thinking you could rip the likes of ken, chu, pc, and azen to shreads. negligence is bliss lol

Great point it happens with all online games. I can literally not die when playing every one at work in multiple FPS games but online it's a different story.

Online is good for this and if you survive it then you will be hooked for life! But really live pro tourneys is where it's at lag will always be an excuse.

thanks for the compliment. ya halo was a great example. but in halo there was a leveling system so you'd know who's good and not. in smash there's nothing so we have no way of determining who's walking the walk and who's just talking

i wish i can pwn every1 lol but thats not gonna happen but ill keep getting better to pwn some of u guys

^ haha ya thats what i think we all hope to do

Back