Inadvertent character confirmation - Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario Confirmed?

Mingus said:
Wait, there are no clones in Brawl. Therefore Lucas stole Ness' abilities and Ness will reappear with a new move set? I thought the fact that Lucas appeared comfirmed that Ness wouldn't be in this time around.

I thought the same thing, but as u said there r no clones so im pretty sure they most have some kind of a difference.

I don't know if people in other thread will read this but since I was directed here I'd like to continue the discussion. As I was saying before Mushroomedmario....

mushroomedmario said:
yeah but he's modded to a certain degree

i hated playing as link(too slow) but loved playing as young link

Link also had a slightly different Up B than Young Link. Link's Up B shot characters to the left and right. Young Link's Up B sucks in opponents and racks up damage, yet doesn't throw them at all. Although, Young Link was a lot less clone than most characters, not too mention that Young Link should use similar moves since he is the same person.

Falco and Fox were very similar. Aswell as Pichu and Pikachu. And Cpt. Falcon and Ganondorf. And Marth and Roy.

Luigi and Mario were a bit different. It's a simple fix though.
Falco out - Krystal in
Pichu out - Lucario in
Ganondorf in - Give him a sword
Roy out - Ike in
Luigi in - Put some effort into his moves
Young Link out - Midna in

It is not necessarily confirmed that there will be no clones. To my knowledge, Sakurai touched on that subject some time ago, but there was really nothing set in stone.

Prez said:
It is not necessarily confirmed that there will be no clones. To my knowledge, Sakurai touched on that subject some time ago, but there was really nothing set in stone.

all he said was that not all characters from melee will be returning
OP
(thread title could have been clearer)

to mingus, falco and fox were pretty different too........

Last edited:
Prez said:

I'm not sure if what really stated but has been some what assumed by most. I personnally hope that this is true. If not then I hope that they don't go as clone crazy in Brawl as they were last game. Although, I just hope they don't sacrafice open spaces for clones. Like, between Krystal and Falco, I would obviously choose Krystal. But I would be slightly dissapointed if they choose Falco over her. I don't really think we have to worry about it too much though. I don't think we'll experience an issue with that in this game. Saything that every character so far isn't a clone.

mushroomedmario said:

I truely didn't play much with them. From the look of it, they seemed exactly the same. How are they different? I can understand that they may have felt different (less floaty, more power, speed difference) but just from looking at them, I couldn't tell.

Last edited:
Mingus said:
I'm not sure if what really stated but has been some what assumed by most. I personnally hope that this is true. If not then I hope that they don't go as clone crazy in Brawl as they were last game. Although, I just hope they don't sacrafice open spaces for clones. Like, between Krystal and Falco, I would obviously choose Krystal. But I would be slightly dissapointed if they choose Falco over her. I don't really think we have to worry about it too much though. I don't think we'll experience an issue with that in this game. Saything that every character so far isn't a clone.

or they can just add both

i'm pretty sure a single clone wouldn't replace an original character, especially a clone from melee since the team has access to all the codings from melee

mushroomedmario said:
or they can just add both

i'm pretty sure a single clone wouldn't replace an original character, especially a clone from melee since the team has access to all the codings from melee

Very true, adding these characters is hardly a problem at all. The longest part of adding a character (from melee) is simply the digital design of it.

All clones were good really (Other than Pikachu and Pichu.) Ganondorf was different from Cpt. Falcon, Marth was faster and lighter than Roy, but weaker, Falco jumped higher and his smash attacks had different launch effects than fox's, and Luigi had different moves, period. The clone characters had the same moves [basically] but they all were still very different I say.

I could see Luigi and Ganondorf being added (maybe even WW link), but a lot of the clones were (appropriately) not significantly different from the originals. I don't think they should be made into playable characters just for the sake of adding them if they could just as easily be made into Assists.

New characters like Geno at least have a bit of leeway, since they could have abilities different from what you would expect from a similar Veteran.

<3 Ness and Jigglypuff

Just To Clarify Some Things For People Who Don't Understand...

leakedcharacters.gif

mushroomedmario said:
all he said was that not all characters from melee will be returning
OP
(thread title could have been clearer)

Sorry about that, I just didn't want to possibly make someone angry by spoilers lol.

Back