Nar fella, less types make it better

Found these while going threw my old "Say it" folder
pokemon4m.jpg

pokemon3n.jpg

pokemon2s.jpg

pokemonk.png

pokehead.jpg
Ye olde WiiChaty days

I disagree, I find it quite unique. I don't know of any other game that offers as many options as Pokemon. How can you say it doesn't offer much when you have over 600 species to use? It's not simple at all, I don't know where you get that idea from. It's easy, yeah, but considering you enjoyed Paper Mario 1 + 2 you obviously have nothing against easy games.When's the last time you even played one of the games? Back in RSE it was more simple than it is now, so it's not really fair for you to assume that the more recent generations are the same.
Borderlands has a crapload of guns. Different looks with slightly altered stats, is all. Same here. Unless you tell me each Pokemon is perfectly balanced and viable over others. Recently played pokemon games.... ah, do the modded GBA ones I mentioned count?
SSBfreakCK said:
BUT, you know nothin' of the competitive realm'a the Pogeymanz. As such, I'd politely ask ya to shut your trap on that matter in specific. A premier competitive RPG it most certainly is, even though it'l ironically never be advertised as such.loooooool
Nevar! Don't see what makes it special. Then again, all competitve gaming scenes are ridiculous.

But Psychic was so broken in Generation 1, and Steel and Dark are pretty cool.

Borderlands has a crapload of guns. Different looks with slightly altered stats, is all. Same here. Unless you tell me each Pokemon is perfectly balanced and viable over others.
Guns are far less significant than what could be considered a playable character. And there are much more than stats and designs for Pokemon. Movepools, abilities, and typing are all very important. And the stat differences are very significant.

Last edited:

I preferred GSC to RBY in all honesty. T' hell with them nostalgiaglasses I say.

Found these while going threw my old "Say it" folder
pokemon4m.jpg

pokemon3n.jpg

pokemon2s.jpg

pokemonk.png

pokehead.jpg
Ye olde WiiChaty days

And now, a Pokefag is a Supermod. How strangely times have changed. :lol:

Nevar! Don't see what makes it special. Then again, all competitve gaming scenes are ridiculous.

Precisely my point. You know nothin'. :lol:

Sorry bro, didn't quite catch that. Either it was 'cause your quote is broken, or a Magikarp splashed ya to death.

Sure, Pokemon have more characterization than some guns. Those 600-ish Pokemon are empty stat placeholders when compared to other game party members, as I'm sure you'd agree. Nor is the stat aspect on par with that of the competitive games such as LoL( the game mind you) or Starcraft.

LoL has a stat aspect? everyone basically has the same base stats ffs, u can go attack dmg lux and do fine, pokemon has stats that you actually have to take into account, like shuckle, has beast defenses but cant do **** in other departments

Those 600-ish Pokemon are empty stat placeholders when compared to other game party members, as I'm sure you'd agree.
This is true. But a game with 600 something party members would be, well, ridiculous, wouldn't it? I'd rather have one party member with over 600 species to choose from then a few playable characters that are the same each playthrough for every person that plays.

Quantity over quality eh? To each their own.
Nope. The quantity improves the quality, imo. The gameplay is good, and I quite enjoy the wide variety of Pokemon to choose from. The story is lacking and the main series formulas tend to be too similar, but I still really enjoy the games.

Borderlands has a crapload of guns. Different looks with slightly altered stats, is all. Same here. Unless you tell me each Pokemon is perfectly balanced and viable over others. Recently played pokemon games.... ah, do the modded GBA ones I mentioned count?

Forgot t' retort to this... herpderp im tired

Why yes, at the very least I'd say 550 Pokemon are all viable in their respective tiers. That's right, all those unevolved Charmanders and utterly shitty Pokes (I'm lookin' at you, Farfetch'd...) are viable in their proper metagames. And if for some reason you're talkin' 'bout in-game and not the competitive scene, then also yes. It's a common joke amongst competitive trainers that "everything works in-game". There's a reason why people attempt Caterpie-only playthroughs of the game; and succeed.

Back