Insomniacs assemble!!

Much as I'll take a cheap shot at ponyfags whenever given the chance, if that fangame (... that is what it is, yeah?) is gettin' shut down by the copyright owners, t'is a damn shame. Always hate t' see those kind'a things happen.

Still don't see why companies are stupid enough t' do such things in the first place. All it does is alienate fans and destroy free promotional material. Ya don't see Konami delivering Cease and Desist notices t' Duel Network.

Still don't see why companies are stupid enough t' do such things in the first place. All it does is alienate fans and destroy free promotional material. Ya don't see Konami delivering Cease and Desist notices t' Duel Network.
Then again,
it shows what demographic they are aiming their product towards.

The problem isn't used games (... Microsoft disagrees ._.), it's how Gamestop has specifically monopolized it. It's how you'll find a used version of a recently released game right ****in' next to it on the shelves. It's how the system they use is a shitton of garbage which takes advantage of propaganda-fed consumers. Not t' mention the fact that Gamestop wouldn't be in bloody business if they suddenly lost used games as a profitable business venture. 60%~ of their profit comes outta the gaming companies' pockets.

It's definitely not a monopoly. Used games can be found everywhere. It's just that in my case, not really.

Splash_King said:
Name a retailer with worse service than Gamestop.

Again, you miss the point. All stores hire their fair share of douchebags avoidable or otherwise, but Gamestop is infamous for hirin' shitty employees. Their workers probably have the same average on-the-job incompetency as your typical shithole fast food joint in NYC. A few gems in the rough here 'n there don't make a claim worth mining.

Again, so it's like every place ever. Or rather, workplaces with younger workers. I've gotten into plenty of arguments with workers there as with Walmart, and the average corner store, but it hardly makes a difference. At least with games, I know what's what and don't have to rely on the incompetence of the workers.

Splash_King said:
If it weren't for Gamestop's monopoly on video game retailing, you'd be able t' get these gems at a cheaper price (and in regards t' used, in better quality) in other stores that ain't utter ****. Gamestop is ****. Don't excuse said **** just because it's the only option. 'Specially when it's not the damn only option, why the hell don't you shop online? The fact that you're a PC gamer who doesn't shop online deeply confuses me.

My only other options for used games are flea markets and pawn shops. I can certainly find some in better condition and at a cheaper price, but it's rare that it happens. I don't care too much about price as long as I can find the damn game I'm looking for. Don't shop online from a (more than usual)lack of trust. Only done that for very few items.

Splash_King said:
... What're these gems, anyways? Aside from Xenoblade what else has Gamestop used 'n abused t' it's wrongful profit?
In short, any good 3rd party game from the current console gen, and probably the last gen as well.

To review: Your complaint is that Gamestop sells a lot of used games, that they have the same quality employee service found in most work environments, and that the used games aren't cheap enough for you.

Why don't you have similar feelings in regards to DLC?

All it does is alienate fans and destroy free promotional material.

That's good in this case.

It's definitely not a monopoly.

Foolishness, Assasin. Foolishness.

Used games can be found everywhere.

Other non-Gamestop owned gaming retail stores however, cannot.

Again, so it's like every place ever.

'Cept even worse.

Don't shop online from a (more than usual)lack of trust. Only done that for very few items.

Buyin' anythin' online is perfectly legitimate 'n safe so long as you ain't buyin' from shady people on shady websites. If you were given 1 broken used game you couldn't return outta 5 you bought, you'd STILL be savin' money comparing to if you bought said used games at Gamestop. It's your money, but know that you're wastin' it without good reason (IMO; surely I'm not alone). Perhaps you've a paycheck that allows for a regular pyre of $20 bills, but I certainly don't.

In short, any good 3rd party game from the current console gen, and probably the last gen as well.

... Which is t' say, anythin' that can be easily found online for cheaper.

To review: Your complaint is that Gamestop sells a lot of used games, that they have the same quality employee service found in most work environments, and that the used games aren't cheap enough for you.

My complaints lie in how they sell the used games, that their employees are somehow even lower quality than the norm, that they're a bunch'a con-artists who engage in deplorable business practices and the fact they're a damn blight on the gaming community both to the people who are take part of said community and even the gaming companies. My placing of Gamestop bein' worse than internet pirates was very literal. Gamestop is to gaming as everyone downloadin' music without payin' is to the music industry... though perhaps that example is just a tad extreme in terms of literal money lost.

Lastly, indeed. Their used games ain't cheap enough; for anyone. It's a damn rip-off, whether someone can afford it or not. I certainly can, but I sure as **** won't just buy their games when I can find a copy in better condition for $15 less.

Why don't you have similar feelings in regards to DLC?

Explain.

derptextw/owhitetext

I haven't had any problems with Gamestop employees whatsoever. Which is apparently odd.

Yeah, their used games are priced too high. I didn't really think about it that much though. There's a new game store that opened nearby called "Gameplay", I wonder if that's any good.
Fighting is Magic is no more? I wasn't planning to get it myself, but this is ridiculous. I don't get it.

Foolishness, Assasin. Foolishness.
I don't think you know the definition of said term.

Splash_King said:
'Cept even worse.
Do you have evidence to back that up?
Splash_King said:
Buyin' anythin' online is perfectly legitimate 'n safe so long as you ain't buyin' from shady people on shady websites. If you were given 1 broken used game you couldn't return outta 5 you bought, you'd STILL be savin' money comparing to if you bought said used games at Gamestop. It's your money, but know that you're wastin' it without good reason (IMO; surely I'm not alone). Perhaps you've a paycheck that allows for a regular pyre of $20 bills, but I certainly don't.

I honestly believe I'm poorer than you, yet I rarely have these problems buying games.

Splash_King said:
... Which is t' say, anythin' that can be easily found online for cheaper.
I guess you could buy Path of Radiance rather easily then. Or Xenoblade, which is going for $120 online now.

Splash_King said:
they're a damn blight on the gaming community both to the people who are take part of said community and even the gaming companies.

And yet, because of them, the Xeno WiiU game is receiving worldwide attention rather than needing another Operation Rainfall. A blight on gaming companies indeed.

Splash_King said:
You're paying extra for a game you already own. Doesn't get simpler than that.

There's a place near my house that's called gamestar
it sells magic cards in addition to video games
will check it out one day.

Back