Is jesus God or God's creation

Veronica

WiiChat Member
Mar 6, 2009
My question is, is jesus God or God's creation. I come from an agnostic family so i know nothing about christianity.

The son of God.

The son of god

His power level is lower than Lemmys

He is considered God's son. From what I understand, it would seem that any time he is considered God himself in the scripture is mainly a metaphor to highlight the stength of God's spirit that was within him that allowed him to carry out His will (the same spirit that is supposed to be within us all).

Last edited:
His power level is lower than Lemmys

And uh. Is Lemmy's Power Level OVER some number?. Cause, It's gotta be over 8000...

Maybe even 9000?
(Hint)

hahah what a random thread. but i think jesus is a gangster :] lol and about your question. i have to go with both. god and gods son. which is kind of creepy if you think about it literally lol

Religion and literalness usually do not go hand in hand..

Haha. Especially the case of The Bible and Literalness not going hand in hand. It's the chief reason why something like 80% of its readers take it way too literally, word-for-word.

No, no! Jesus is God, not God's creation.

Don't think of him as the Son of God, think of him as God the Son, if that helps.

To quote scripture:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.
John 1:1-5

Obviously, it depends what religion you are. Christians obviously think of him as the above, but different religions will obviously have varied views.

No, no! Jesus is God, not God's creation.
Obviously, it depends what religion you are. Christians obviously think of him as the above

Not all of them.

Do some research into the history of the trinity doctrine, particularly the Council of Nicea, which was a few hundred years after Jesus' death. The concept for God and Christ being the same was not there from day 1.

It was hotly debated at the coucil (some say even punches were thrown) where it was adopted as an official church teaching. But not all agreed, and down to this day, not all Christians accept the idea of the trinityy.

Even the New Catholic Encyclopedia admits there was no such teaching by the apostles and that it was adopted later:
"The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective."— New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299.

Back