Let the Brawl Hype Begin!

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
With less then three months until the US release of SSBB, the question must be asked: When do you think the hype will begin?

If I'm not mistaken, MP3 hype began about 3 weeks from release, however, I'm sure that we can expect Brawl hype well before that mark. So, what can we look forward to, you ask?

1. E For All - E For All is the final gaming convention before the release of Brawl and is in October. We will surely get some more information here, and it also seems like the most logical place to confirm online gameplay.
2. Leaked Information - If I'm not mistaken, SSBM's starting character roster was leaked about 3 months from release. We can assume that Nintendo is doing there best to keep it on lock-down, but I'm sure we'll atleast hear a few secrets before Brawl's launch.
3. Playable Demo - Hopefully SOMEONE will get a playable demo of this game before it's launch. Again, this is most likely to happen at E for All.
4. Preview Channel - We can also expect to see a preview channel about a month before Brawl's release. Hopefully this channel will be more fulfilling then the Metroid channel was, but I'll be happy with just about anything.
5. SSB64 on the VC - Again, if Brawl follows suit with MP3, SSB64 will be released on the VC in the weeks leading up to Brawl

What do you think I should add to the list? When do you think the hype will start? What do you think about these particular events?

Last edited:
Hey all this is great info, I'd really want SSB 64 on the wii, that be sweet...but you did overlook that there is still TGS (Toyko Gaming Convention) which starts the 19th this month! So we might get alot of info there too....hopefully

^Nintendo wont be attending the TGS.

Sorry I had to be the one to break it to ya :sick:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are you serious!!! Man that sucks on so many levels, well thanks for telling me anyway... :( now i gotta wait longer for info

The Longer you wait, the More Hype it gets but i like this peice of info Wi-Fi, or no Wi-Fi?
Question: Will Super Smash Bros. Brawl be online?

All reports indicate that yes, it will. Brawl has been planned from the beginning to be a flagship title for Nintendo's free Wi-Fi Connection service, and though the feature hasn't yet been 100% confirmed, you can rest soundly in the knowledge that it's an almost surefire guarantee.

I mean thats really makes me feel good for another month an a half

Demon Slayer said:
The Longer you wait, the More Hype it gets but i like this peice of info Wi-Fi, or no Wi-Fi?
Question: Will Super Smash Bros. Brawl be online?

All reports indicate that yes, it will. Brawl has been planned from the beginning to be a flagship title for Nintendo's free Wi-Fi Connection service, and though the feature hasn't yet been 100% confirmed, you can rest soundly in the knowledge that it's an almost surefire guarantee.

I mean thats really makes me feel good for another month an a half
Yea i know makes me feel good and even better that i found it lol :) if you like it so much rep is good lol

Well, the hype began in 2006 ;) I know what you're refering to, but I think we all had to clean the drool out of our keyboards when they first released the Smash Bros video.

Before release, I think we'll see pre-order exclusives (T-Shirts, Posters, whatever.)

And, this is probably more wishful thinking than anything, I think in a move to show that they can compete with XBox live, and because they said the game was finished but they never gave a demo at the conventions or to reviewers... we'll get a very short demo available on VC.

The metroid prime preview channel is alot more forgivable if we think of it as a prelude to something like that AND alot of wii owners are new to consoles so this would introduce them to one of the greatest fighter games of all time.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Nintendo wont be attending the TGS.

Sorry I had to be the one to break it to ya :sick:

Nintendo help their own private show, I dont think it has been said what happened there.

Because capcom had a private show which was basically show casing its nintendo console games.

Nintendo show happened.

SEGA strategy meeting.

Seems to me that E for All would be the time to announce Sonic on Brawl, with like, this giant, super flashy gameplay demo.

MII ON BRAWL 4EVAH!

Last edited:
i think the hype started when ssbb was announced!!!

this is a good prediction, if you want... post it in my thread "brawl prediction list" so i can add yours to the list, if you guess right... it shows it being green. :O

Marioman said:
Yea i know makes me feel good and even better that i found it lol :) if you like it so much rep is good lol
I want to Rep you so Badly, but it would seem as i already did before..cause it says i need to spread more love to people xDD

Demon Slayer said:
I want to Rep you so Badly, but it would seem as i already did before..cause it says i need to spread more love to people xDD

Marioman found out that Brawl was a Nintendo flagship title that is almost definatly having wi-fi multiplayer?

Surely we could all realize this for all selves.

Demon Slayer said:
No it's not only that, it's the whole Guide on IGN that he found that i would Rep him for

Marioman Found this Search and i would Rep him for that http://wii.ign.com/articles/809/809868p20.html

Its the smash bros FAQ, its linked from the home page.

Surely I would of that the smash fans would of found that by themselves?

I would of bet my house on (I forgot his name >.< the one who loves zero suit samus) finding it first day out.

Back