Literature Discussion

Try the Fellowship of the Ring
or Children of Hürin
or the Hobbit if you have not read it yet
all three are great Tolkien books

Got upset at the guy that said he only read in school. I went to high school with a guy like that... He dropped out and does nothing now. I went on a cruise recently and brought Lovecraft's collected works. It was very good as I expected. At home my girl wanted me to get her 50 Shades of Gray, now I'm curious on how the twilight with sex series goes so I'm gonna pick it up too. I was in the middle of reading a book some guys were handing out on my campus a few months back called "Too Far". Honestly it's good but slow in some parts, it came with a music CD so I was like "Oh man what is this hipster giving away **** for it probably has some deep meaning to being yourself with music to play into it." I was mostly right. Also at the store I bought The Fear (Charlie Higson) and The Future of Us (Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler). Future of Us is good so far, it goes for an adult audience (swears, some adult situations, etc.) but each chapter is about 2-6 pages long... The Fear I've been waiting for though, it'll be a dessert for the other books when I'm done.

I'm reading Catching Fire right now, but I haven't read it for like a week. I enjoy it a lot, at least compared to other books.

I read an Artemis Fowl book a long time ago. I don't remember anything that stands out about it. Pretty sure it had fantasy elements, maybe futuristic ones.

I recently finished reading "The Big Miss" by Hank Haney, the tell-all book about Tiger Woods written by one of his most recent swing coaches. Very interesting and personal perspective of one of golf's (and all of sport's) biggest figures...

Back