Metroid Prime 3 delayed

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/metroid.jpg[/xfloat]Hidden in a sneaky footnote at the end of a press release for Zelda Phantom Hourglass we were sent this afternoon by Nintendo of America, was an indication that Metroid Prime 3 had been delayed.

Back in May Nintendo announced a launch date of August 20th for the title, however the information contained in todays press release stated it will now launch on the 27th August. For those unable to count on fingers, that is 7 days or 1 week.

So not particulary a damaging announcement but one which NOA didn't announce or have even commented on. A European release is still to be confirmed, but expect it by Christmas we'd assume.

Only 1 week that's not too bad it could have been much worse.

No one knows why it was delayed. I have an odd feeling that it had something to do with madden 08 though. Madden was scheduled to come out just six days before the previous release date of Aug. 20, and Nintendo figured delaying it a week may help sales. That's just a theory though.
But either way, it's not a big deal, it's just a week...

That stinks for some people who wanted to get it before school started again.

E3: We have delayed it until December to concide with the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and to add Online Compatibility.

December: We don't want it to affect sales of Brawl so we have delayed it until December 2008.

December 2008: We have decided to only put it on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 instead. Look for it in December 2009.

December 2009: Here you go, we have also decided to make a NES version that will be unavailable on the VC.

Last edited:
zeon9881 said:
i dont care wither way cause i still have to finish metroid prime and then go get metroid prime 2
My Metroid Prime is still on order, should get it this week (never got into the Prime series, but am stoked now)--but still! Oh well, there is plenty to tide me over.

Even if it's only 1 week it's pretty lame they keep delaying games. Don't make official release date assure they're true if your not sure... I'd rather have a tba release then keep making dates and breaking them.

Back