Mewtwo in Brawl

i also agree mewtwo was better than the new thing lucario he is so garbage although the counter is kool he still sucks does anyone remember what mewtwos down b was????

Damascus said:
1) Learn to type. You're killing my eyes. And don't give me that "I can do whatever I want, it's the Internet" ****, that's bull.

2) Learn grammar. Not only are the CAPS killing me, so is your grammar.

3) Back up your thoughts with reasonable ideas.

4) We all know that even if you want Mewtwo back, he's not coming back. Game's already out, so it'll be impossible to change the characters.

Wth did "GAMEBOYS WERE TAKEN AWAY FROM KIDS IN HTE SCHOOL. "DONT BRING THE POKEMANS TO SCHOOL" SAID THE TEACHERS." come from?

Oh, btw, there's a reason why nobody chose Mewtwo in Melee. There's also a reason why people who participate in tournaments never use him, too.

I think logic can fill in the blanks here.
1) i dont have to live up to anybodies expectations here so ill use whatever gramer i like. evn hte bd 0n3.

2) read no 1

3) i do have reasonable ideas if u can read between the lines which u clearly cant

4) the game boys line came from school. oyur teachers did say that in hte 90s

Douten said:
Have you considered that maybe Mewtwo is one of the legendary Pokemon and to have him as a mere character would make him seems weak in a way? That might be one reason why they removed him. The fact that they used a regular Pokemon is a good choice to me. I can't really see Pikachu beating the Crap out of Mewtwo in the real pkmn game.

I see nothing wrong with Lucario. I'd go as far to say that some of his moves are much better than Mewtwo. It seems to me that you're just want Mewtwo in beacause he's Mewtwo.
i wont use any words like "EPIC PHAIL" or stuff but there are other chars like bowser, ganondorph or DK that are overpowerd in the "real world".

Douten said:
I can't really see Pikachu beating the Crap out of Mewtwo in the real pkmn game.
u can infact beat the crap out of mewtwo in red/blue if u know how. hell u can beat mewtwo with a shedinja and that only has hp of 1

Last edited by a moderator:
alexbel said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I found my favorite vid.

Damascus said:
1) Learn to type. You're killing my eyes. And don't give me that "I can do whatever I want, it's the Internet" ****, that's bull.

2) Learn grammar. Not only are the CAPS killing me, so is your grammar.

3) Back up your thoughts with reasonable ideas.

4) We all know that even if you want Mewtwo back, he's not coming back. Game's already out, so it'll be impossible to change the characters.

Wth did "GAMEBOYS WERE TAKEN AWAY FROM KIDS IN HTE SCHOOL. "DONT BRING THE POKEMANS TO SCHOOL" SAID THE TEACHERS." come from?

Oh, btw, there's a reason why nobody chose Mewtwo in Melee. There's also a reason why people who participate in tournaments never use him, too.

I think logic can fill in the blanks here.
But, logiclly, Mewtwo was one character that does deserve better. All Pokemon on all levels in all 3 SSB games were underpowered and underrated.

Also, this typing argument is really annoying. Honestly, is it gonna kill you to get used to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
my question is why couldn't they have both?ps. i miss pichu to

I didn't say in the "real world" I was comparing him within the Pokemon game. Which then you might ask "but DK is strong in his game why did they include him doesn't that lower his image?" Well would you rather they include those alligator he kills, would that represent his game better? The difference is that in Pokemon there is so many to choose from that they can pay respect to the stronger ones.

And I doubt in Red/Blue you can beat Mewtwo with Pikachu if they were the same level. I am not saying that he's zomg invincible! but he is legendary, it'd be odd to see a regular Pokemon beat the daylight out of him with no real advantage. Also, it is something to take into consideration when you're asking why they removed Mewtwo, by no means it is the only reason.

Some other reason might be not many people uses him, some might even want him out. It might be surprising, but even when they decided to add Sonic a number of people were against it.

Douten said:
I didn't say in the "real world" I was comparing him within the Pokemon game. Which then you might ask "but DK is strong in his game why did they include him doesn't that lower his image?" Well would you rather they include those alligator he kills, would that represent his game better? The difference is that in Pokemon there is so many to choose from that they can pay respect to the stronger ones.

And I doubt in Red/Blue you can beat Mewtwo with Pikachu if they were the same level. I am not saying that he's zomg invincible! but he is legendary, it'd be odd to see a regular Pokemon beat the daylight out of him with no real advantage. Also, it is something to take into consideration when you're asking why they removed Mewtwo, by no means it is the only reason.

Some other reason might be not many people uses him, some might even want him out. It might be surprising, but even when they decided to add Sonic a number of people were against it.

yeah but the whole point of ssb is to provide a fan service to nintendo fans. on the contrary, it would pay mewtwo respect if they included him in brawl.

yeah but there are many chars that people dont use much such as yoshi etc. he is still in.

i did beat mewtwo with pikachu in yellow. lvl 100 both.

They did include Mewtwo as a trophy in Brawl to pay respect to him. We have to keep in mind that they can't pay respect to all the pkmn. It is true that SSBB does do fan service across the board but to the series in general. The fact that they include Pkmn trainer does pkmn series great justice. To keep the essence of the pkmn game having no legendary pkmn as a playable character is a pretty good choice. If four player would choose Mewtwo then the image of him being unique, powerful, etc. just fades. If those player never played pkmn before would probably think he's just a regular pkmn.

I don't see a real big deal though, since Lucario feels close to Mewtwo. If it is that upsetting revert to Melee, or kill all Lucario you see, but what done is done.

Douten said:
They did include Mewtwo as a trophy in Brawl to pay respect to him. We have to keep in mind that they can't pay respect to all the pkmn. It is true that SSBB does do fan service across the board but to the series in general. The fact that they include Pkmn trainer does pkmn series great justice. To keep the essence of the pkmn game having no legendary pkmn as a playable character is a pretty good choice. If four player would choose Mewtwo then the image of him being unique, powerful, etc. just fades. If those player never played pkmn before would probably think he's just a regular pkmn.

I don't see a real big deal though, since Lucario feels close to Mewtwo. If it is that upsetting revert to Melee, or kill all Lucario you see, but what done is done.

yeah i understand. props to u for keeping this debate not nasty unlike other people. ya thats wat i do. i play as all villains (ganondorph, bowser, dedede etc) as a tribute to mewtwo and kill all the lucario.

^ not to but in on oyur debate... but lucario feels nothing like mewtwo. he's not as clumsy and slidy. his arials are more like rob than mewtwo lol he replaced him, but not as a replacement for those who wanted to carry over their mains with the same fighting style, he simply took his spot. and on why it must be said that nintendo must have wanted to promote saphire...since mewtwo's spot in pokemon red couldn't possibly have been benificial in any sense for nintendo sales. what they 'lost' in sales from mewtwo lovers was gained ten fold from sales on kids who know lucario and those smash gamers who like him enough to buy saphire. so for me its more of a marketing plan than a character preference

I decided not to read the first post due to THE BOLD RANT bullshit but Mewtwo, (to us in competitive gaming at least) is the most powerful poke in the game and seems unfair for him to have to fight like he was.
Another view could be that Mewtwo was a big player in the last pokemon movie (when Melee came out) and recently, Lucario has gotten his attention so they replaced Mewtwo w/Lucario.

I prefer Lucario anyway.

@spiff-Saphire? Saphire released like (thinks) 5 years ago. You mean Diamond/Pearl?

Last edited:
honestly. im just glad that i have the game and that i can play it. ya there are characters that i wish were in. in fact. i did a search on the forbidden 7 that was previously mentioned and thought that having tetra in the game would be absolutely PERFECT. but really. like i said. its tough. at least we have the game now and are able to play it. regardless of who just missed or made the cut.

to tails: haha woops. ya man sorry thats the one.

and about mewtwo having to fight as less than he should have: couldnt this have been fixed by him getting a buff? but then again if they had two purple orb wielding pokemon in the game people would automatically cry clone so i guess its a lose lose for nintendo on this one

Douten said:

Yeah, vashivihan is right. Good job keeping it on track.

Anyway, I also remeber that Pichu is a unlockable trophy.

jazzman9 said:
Yeah, vashivihan is right. Good job keeping it on track.

Anyway, I also remeber that Pichu is a unlockable trophy.

keeping what on track?

Back