Mii Popularity Channel

ottoman

Banned
Dec 2, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
1156-6661-4692-6561
Nintendo are currently working on the Mii popularity channel for the wii. I havent seen this posted anywhere, so i thought id do it myself.

It will allow us to upload our ow miis to the channel, and compare them wit others online, and im GUESSNG people can vote for the best ones, and popularity rises. You do this by entering them in a popularity contest.

Any othere news on this anyone?

Heres a few links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Channels#Mii_Popularity_Channel

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/12/mii-popularity-channel-coming-april/

Apparently its coming this month...should be good.

umm....

cool, but, seriosly.... would you think nintendo would make a game were people could vote on a person that they are the worst, people would get sad/flamed at this, i dont think nintendo would make a chanal like that but its a good idea!:)

I'm not sure I want to have random people looking at Mii's created by kids to look like themselves. . . . can you see where this is going?

Nintendo may as well put an ad in the Kiddyfiddler Magazine to help to sell more consoles.. .. ..

Cool, looks interesting. I'd donload it but I think Nintendo should stay focused on the full version-internet channel which they promised to be out in earlt April rather than focus on something new. Stick with one thing, then work with it.

grim_reaper123 said:
cool, but, seriosly.... would you think nintendo would make a game were people could vote on a person that they are the worst, people would get sad/flamed at this, i dont think nintendo would make a chanal like that but its a good idea!:)

dont think you understood...its not an idea, nintendo ARE mking this. and im quite sure it will b celebrity miis, otherwise how would we know if the mii looks like the creator? + peadofiles...

I think the Popularity Channel could be a lot more than people expect. Popularity points could be won be winning popularity contests but could also be won by... WINNING GAMES. Yes, that's right, I think they are a substitute for XBLive achievement points.
In the popularity channel as well as chatting and competing in popularity contests, you will be able to launch into a game with another user (or a friend if they keep the current system).

Well that is my thought anyway.

Wiily Good said:
I think the Popularity Channel could be a lot more than people expect. Popularity points could be won be winning popularity contests but could also be won by... WINNING GAMES. Yes, that's right, I think they are a substitute for XBLive achievement points.
In the popularity channel as well as chatting and competing in popularity contests, you will be able to launch into a game with another user (or a friend if they keep the current system).

Well that is my thought anyway.

HIGHLY doubt that will happen, but it would be good.

There's nothing wrong with this being a channel...remember a "Mii" is a cartoon character it doesn't have to look like you and if you dont feel like putting a Mii that resembles you for certain reasons then don't I'm sure everone has Mii's of people they make up

thats my rant for the day

Sarai_132 said:
There's nothing wrong with this being a channel...remember a "Mii" is a cartoon character it doesn't have to look like you and if you dont feel like putting a Mii that resembles you for certain reasons then don't I'm sure everone has Mii's of people they make up

thats my rant for the day

Exactly, and like i said before, who said it had to be a Mii of you? plus, who the hell can gain contact to you, by seeing a badly made avatar image of you? Get real people, i think it will be good.

It would be good if nintendo released like a new celebrity Mii every week or son.

I hope this channel is deeper than we currently see it as. I'm not sure what much more they could do, but I'd like to interact with other people. Like enter contests for best celebrity and in real time have other wii owners as judges (maybe 5) and they vote for the best celebrity mii out of 5 miis.

That could be interesting.

FR. said:
Cool, looks interesting. I'd donload it but I think Nintendo should stay focused on the full version-internet channel which they promised to be out in earlt April rather than focus on something new. Stick with one thing, then work with it.

Opera is working on the browser, not Nintendo.

Back