most frightening game ever Made?

F.E.A.R is such a mind rape. Scariest game of all time? I'm not too sure.

silent hill series in general. especially 1 and 3

resi hasnt been scary in ages. after removing zombies and bringin monster infected people.

dead space was pretty dam freaky

Silent Hill 3 wins it because of the fucking screami mannequin room alone. Everything else was pretty scary too.

F.E.A.R hands down.

Just started playing Dead Space on Friday and it's a great game. The sounds and creaks of the atmosphere creep me out more than the monsters do.

Silent Hill (Ongoing)
Fear - scared me to death
hotel626, lol

Dead Space for the PS3 and 360. Atmosphere is the biggest thing in survival horrors and Dead Space sets the PERFECT style with it's dark surroundings and superb sounds. The game really has you pausing it and catching your breath. I remember reading somewhere that EA put a lot of time in the sound quality of the game. Every little scream, scratch and moan you hear just puts you deeper into the game.

F.E.A.R didn't really creep me out that much. I just can't find a FPS scary. Thats just me tho.

scary games

i'd have to say games like Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2, Doom 3 (at times). F.E.A.R. wasn't all that scary to be honest, a little boring. I remember wimping out over Haunted House on the Atari VCS 2600 when i was little lol

Resident Evil 2 was pretty freaky for it's time. I can remember playing it for the first time and really getting sketched out. The whole still background thing they had going was pretty crazy if ya ask me. It made the game more scary for some reason.

The Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube has to be one of the best horror games I've every played.

i have to agree with you there Romer318 :) the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil was utterly brilliant. If Capcom were to do that treatment to Resident Evil 2 then i personally think that would be the scariest game of all :)

Dead Space wasn't so much scary as it was cool. Now Portal isn't scary at all, but it's one of those games that did dig a nice little nervous existential trench in the back of my mind.

Nowadays when I play the N64 many of the graphics go into uncanny valley because of the way it presents it's color tablet. Washed out yet saturated making all of the 3D models look very... sterile. Play certain sections of Mario 64 on an N64 to see what I mean.

Fatal Frame 2 was the great lord of scary games though.

I can't see how you didn't find Dead Space scary? I understand to each his own and stuff. But to me that game mimicked the movie Alien a lot AND we alllll know how scary that movie was.

I love the idea of a remake of RE 2. If they where to do something like that, I would have no doubt that it would be one of the best games to ever grace the Wii.

Back