Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:
Hi

Hi

I have just at Xmas purchased a Wii and also Wii Fit Plus...I am not 100% computer savvy, but have found out that I can connect to the internet via the Wii. I have wireless broadband dsl internet connection (I think thats what its called) :frown5:. I was wondering if you could assist me in how to connect to the internet via my wii, or point me in the right direction. Many thanks Kathy

need some help

Hi Im kinda new at all this game stuff and was wondering if there is a way I can use my bell stick to go online with the wii, if anyone can help, please

i keep entering peoples codes it says there incorrect and it says i have connction but i don't please help me out.

cant connect to internet

i have a dlink dir 655 router and ive also went to the dlink forums for help with my problem. after the wii has found the router it asks me for a wpa security key which i dont have. anyway im getting 52130 error codes on the wii and ive also gotten 51130 codes or something like that. i also have one of thise lan adapters which when connected to the wii and the router i get an error code on the wii. i am getting really frustrated. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The WEP/WAP security code is setup within your wireless router. Who ever setup has the code. If no one remebers it just reset it by logging into your wireless router and change it. Follow the instructions for your make and model.

When using the LAN adaptor make sure to make a new internet connection and choose Wired connection. If that still doesn't work then you'll need to check your router settings. There are many security options and it might be setup to allow only so many devices or MAC address. If all else fails and you have no idea who setup then, then just reset the unit back to default settings which will disable all security settings.

the router has two computers connected to it. i am trying to connect the wii wirelessly and nothing is working. even when i connect the lan adapter to the router it doesnt work. i put the wep security key i have from the router onto the wii and it still doesnt connect to the internet i get error message 52130 alot

I need help please cant connected wii to droid x hotspot.

Ok yesturday tied to use my droidx hot spot with the wii and first try it worked we watch a movie on netflex but we had to turn it off to get the kids from school, then we went to get back on to finish the movie and it came up with code 52031 and we cleared it and tried again and got code 52232 so we went in and put in the ip address and that gave us a code 51330 and every time on my droid x it wil show the wii is trying to connect on my phone under hot spot wii 00:25:a0:7b:c2:53 then it will kick it off and give code 51330. We have tried a linksys that we found open in the area and that gave us a code 52132. We have tied it so many times we called wii support they tried helping us but no luck so Please anyone could help it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi i have problem,

i was playing on my ds online and accidently i closed the ds, so i wanted to play again but this time it didnt connect. After that i wanted to play on the wii online but it gets an error which says that i cant connect to the internet. I have internet on my computer and its working. Everything works except for nintendo wifi, i just cant connect.

Wireless and Modem help...

I need to see if anyone can help me, help my neighbor. I recently installed a Cisco Valet M10 wireless hub to my neighbors existing Motorola SB5120 router the cable company provided for internet. I have verified that the internet is working properly and i have the password for the Cisco Valet. However when I try to connect the Wii to the Internet in order for her to get Netflix the Wii shows connection to internet cannot be completed error #51231 (or very similar #) By reading through this forum and seeing others problems, I am aware that I may have to plug in directly to the Router with a Cat5 cable but, there are not additional LAN Cat5 Outlets on the motorola unit. Only the Cisco Valet. What should I do? Is the Wii connecting to the Cisco and but not the Motorola thus not getting to the internet? Any help would be great.

Newbie Question on wii internet problems

Hi-

I have one of the older 2008 wii consoles. A few months ago, I bought a Westell ADSL+2 wireless modem/router which is located upstairs while my wii is in my downstairs living room. I recently purchased a roku that I use in my upstairs bedroom which is about 25 ft and plaster walls in between the 2 rooms.

I have a 5 year old AMD 1.6 Ghz Sempron processor 2600+ XP desktop PC with 2 gig of ram. My ISP connection is basic of 1.01 mbps and upload of .35 mbps which is fine for my email needs and roku use of Netflix and Pandora.

I easily get the wii weather and news channel with no problems. I am a little disappointed that my city of 40k isn't listed as a city with weather info; the 2 closest cities E or W are almost 2 hour drive each way from my location.

The wii internet channel takes a long time to come up, shows the disc icon spinning a long time before showing any internet sites. I have my new wii fit+ disc in my wii player when I tried getting on the internet sites. IMHO, the wii internet channel is not user friendly compared to my roku (wii 1, roku 9 rating out of 10) I recently purchased. Is there anything I can do so to make my wii be more internet usable....for pandora or netflix?

I spoke with my ISP yesterday about my wireless router. Even though wii shows 3 internet options...I was told by my ISP tech staff that my wireless router is only set up to have one wireless internet location....is that true?

I am beginning to think my wii has been a waste of money for internet channels use for netflix, pandora and such; I might be better off with an internet TV or another roku for that purpose. My wii is getting to be one dimensional...like a single CD disc player when a 5 or 100 disc players have been around for 10 years or more.

I would appreciate your expertise in this area...since I am not a techie at all.

Sincerely,

eskimodeb

Hi, I am really hoping someone here can help me. I am having the o so prevalent college campus internet issue. Although, my specific question i havent been able to find an answer to. Does the Wii support WPA2 Enterprise security? And if not, is there any way around this. I just need to be able to enter a username AND password like i do on my computer as opposed to the single WPA key the Wii prompts you for. If anyone has a solution or experience with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

your offer to help was years ago, maybe you're still on-line or someone else can help...

i have been playing cod: waw and mwr for months, no problem. i got back ops a week ago and played for 2 days, went on a trip for a week and came back and played for about 2 hours. the next day, i cannot connect on-line. response says, "unable to connect to call of duty black ops servers. plz try again later". okay, maybe the servers are having a bad day.

come back the next day and same response. my spidey senses tingles and i check out the black ops home page and all platforms and games are working normally. so i switch games to mwr and initially i dont connect but on 2nd try i am connected.

i dont think it is the games but the console giving me trouble. any suggestions?

thanks, mil

surfing through the Wii

Hi,
can anyone help with using the 'internet' button on the wii.
I have setup the connection tothe router and all works fine.
I've insterted and SD card and downloaded the 'internet' to the Wii from the shop, as i have with other options, but when i press the internet button i get directed straight back to the 'download' again as though i havent downloaded and set upthe internet button. Andso, the endless loop goes of downloading pressing touse and being directed to download......

How do I make it actually work?

thanks

Back