Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Connecting to internet

okay we have criket wireless internet and we are trying to figure out how to connect it to the wii. Like whats the SSID thing and alll that.

Help with online gaming

Hey I was wondering if you could help me. I bought a new game for my wii called raving rabbids travel in time and it has the option to play online with other people. So I checked that my wii is connected to the Internet and it is, but whenever I go to play online on my new game it says it can't connect to the games server? This has been happening for over a week now. Can you tell me how to resolve it please? Would be a great help!

Wii channels

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

I was able to connect my Wii to the internet but I can't download none of the Wii channels. I have followed every step with no luck especially with the internet channel. Any suggestions? Thanks

internet connection

my internet is connected hooked up but every time i try to go to the internet channel it says "not currently available in your region", why is that

HELP ME with the wii internet connection

We received a new Wii (the red one) for Christmas. I go to connect with internet and can't get it done. This is my 80th try. I get an erroe 51330 error message. I get to my son's connecttion and enter the password and that is when I get the error message. This can't be happening!!1

I've just got my first wii..just learning how to use it....about connecting to the internet....is this free or is there a cost....

Laptop Interference

Here's my question: Up until the other day, my wii was working fine online no matter what. Now, whenever I have the laptop online via the wireless, the wii can't detect the internet. As long as the laptop is off, the wii has no problem connection to the internet. What could have caused this to happen and how do I fix it? I have little computer-sense, so the simplest language possible would be appreciated :D
It's a linksys router, it's a little on the old side (3yrs) but I don't want to get a new one. I haven't tried connecting the laptop via a cord to see if the wii will connect then. For now, I've just been using them at separate times, but it's nice when my bf can play games or watch netflix while I do things online, or vice versa.

Thanks in advance!

I've just got my first wii..just learning how to use it....about connecting to the internet....is this free or is there a cost....

There is no additional cost from Nintendo for going online - only the cost from your ISP of providing your connection / bandwidth, which you probably already have for your PC / laptop etc.

Here's my question: Up until the other day, my wii was working fine online no matter what. Now, whenever I have the laptop online via the wireless, the wii can't detect the internet.

Without sounding too 'techie', I wonder if your router is not refreshing the DHCP / IP assignments ?

In simple terms, your router will assign each device (eg Laptop, Wii etc) an 'IP' (Internet Protocol) address when it is connected to your network - either with a wire or via wireless.

If 2 devices have the same address, they will 'clash' and one might not get a connection to the outside world.

The router should manage this assignment, but this might not be happening correctly.

Try this:

Connect up your Wii, and make sure it is connected to the Internet OK (do some browsing to prove this).

Then reboot your laptop, and once this is done, connect it to the wireless. Then go to the network icon in the system tray of your laptop (bottom right of the screen) and 'repair' the connection (there is an option for this).

That should re-establish the network connectivity, and refresh / request a new IP address from the router.

Thanks, bikertov, that's not too techie, I think right at my level. I'll try it as soon as I get home and let you know the results.

Hello,

A copple of weeks ago i have a new nintendo wii.
I have a wireless router.. brand ; U.S Robotics, Model 5466.
1 laptop wireless on this router, and 3 base pc's on that router but all 3 with internet cable.
Also i have internet on the wii , but the error for a software update i'm still getting ??
So i can not play the latest games example ; donkey kong returns and michael jackson and all in the menu for internet is not possible to goiing in the menu of the wii because of the error update software code 32004

I am SO FRUSTRATED by my Wii.
I've been online via Dynex wireless router for quite a while, watching Netflix movies etc.
All of a sudden I can no longer connect. The only difference between when it worked and now that it doesn't is that I now have an iPhone 4. Is that interfering with my connection?
I'm getting lots of error codes, mostly 52130 (also 52230, 51030).
I've tried adding my IP address manually but I'm kind of confused on exactly what I need to do. My address is 3 digits, 3 digits, 1 digit, 1 digit. The Wii wants 3 digits, 3 digits, 3 digits, 3 digits. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place for my IP address or what.
I also tried changing my channel to 1. This did nothing.

Everywhere I search it says this is a firewall issue, but that doesn't make sense. Why would it be OK to use about two months ago but all of a sudden the firewall affects the Wii? That makes no sense. (I turned off my firewall anyway just in case, didn't make a difference).

Last edited:
Back