Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Big Problem!

ok everyone i need some serious help my friend is in college and im sure u have heard about how some schools block the wii internet connection. his PS3 connects fine but the wii wont. he doesnt have a computer and they only provide a ethernet port of the wall for internet in the dorm. he has the wired lan adapter but it still wont work so is thr any way for him to get around this block to get online. please help guys we really wanna play monster hunter.

thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide.

I bought my Wii on Ebay and did not come with a Manual. I have high speed internet. Does Wii have 'wireless' capability? How do I get connected to Internet?

I had the same problem. What I did was get the New Vault Router and it work like a Charm. That router maybe to old and can't hook up to that router.

Do you need to have a Router if you own a Wii LAN Adapter?

Do you need to have a Router if you own a Wii LAN Adapter?

I bought a Rocketfish Wii LAN Adapter and just thought that you plug it to the Wii, then plug the Ethernet Cable from that to the Modem and then you're done. Do I really need a Router?

i am new to wiichat. i just want to connect my wii online so i can play the wiiware games, i don't care for a network. please help.

WPA2 password

I am new to Wii and trying to set up wireless internet access. I use WPA2 and have a very long password that includes special characters (&, #, etc.) that aren't included on the Wii keyboard. Is there any way around that, or do I need to change my password?

Thanks,

Gery

Wireless Connection

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Wii. We have an American Wii and live in New Zealand. I have attempted to contact to the wireless but keep coming up with

Error Code 52230. Unable to connect to server.

Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne

Help!!

I AM BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL.....

i am just trying to get my wii set up with netflix and with only 1 modem i cant seem to get online with both my computer and wii. i tried a splitter but i am wondering if i need another modem or something....

same problem

Hi - I'm deployed overseas and have an ISP that requires a username and password to log in - basically like a hotel room service.

I cannot figure out how to make that work on Wii. Is it the proxy server settings? Do I need to put the proxy server address and then username and password?

My ISP customer service isn't really helping.

Thanks!

Hey I am having the same problem have you found away around it?

Go to wii setting and internet connection. The internet you use for your computer, put that name in, then the password. If you need more specific directions, pm me.

wireless connection error

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Wii. We have an American Wii and live in New Zealand. I have attempted to contact to the wireless but keep coming up with

Error Code 52230. Unable to connect to server.

Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne

Connection issue

My SSID doesn't show up when trying to find my internet connection to use Wii's wireless connector. I've put it in manually and received an error message. Someone had mentioned about changing my routers Mac settings to allow the Wii. I went into my routers log in page but was unable to find the setting.

Any suggestions from here?

Hi! Can I ask for any words of advice regarding my situation? My isp requires me to enter a username and password before a connection to the internet can be made. I'm using a wired connection.

Last edited:
Back