Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

is there any way i can reduce lag, i know that this has already been posted but mine aint as bad as his. all mine is that i have to lead ppl, and i have high speed im bout to get uverse connection in my entire house, is it any good for gaming?

I know that connection is better if your Wii is closer to the router, and it'll be better when less people are on it, but those are common sense answers. My Wii is close, and dang SSBB is impossible NOT to have mass lag. And out of what I've seen, an Xbox 360 works fine, but it sometimes likes to lag out and be unresponsive... But heck, Time Warner does that sh*t too.

Last edited:
Alright iv'e got a question. So about a week ago I got a wireless router to hook up other computers in my house, unfortunately i did not check to see if my other comps could go wireless without that adapter and they cannot. So I tried the Wii and got it all connected and it worked fine without a problem and I could play online, but now yesterday I can't connect to online on my Wii. Ive gottin 2 different error codes and looked up how to resolve the problem, but it doesn't really tell you how to. 52030 and 52031. Nothing has been changed with my router or Wii, so my question is, Why am I all of a sudden not connecting to online?

Alright iv'e got a question. So about a week ago I got a wireless router to hook up other computers in my house, unfortunately i did not check to see if my other comps could go wireless without that adapter and they cannot. So I tried the Wii and got it all connected and it worked fine without a problem and I could play online, but now yesterday I can't connect to online on my Wii. Ive gottin 2 different error codes and looked up how to resolve the problem, but it doesn't really tell you how to. 52030 and 52031. Nothing has been changed with my router or Wii, so my question is, Why am I all of a sudden not connecting to online?

It could have been an update in the router's software.

I'd try this first:
If your connection was working previously, try power cycling your router and modem by unplugging them both from the wall. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console online and test for proper response. (Some routers may lose their connection to the Wii console while it is in Standby or turned off for a period of time. Check with your router manufacturer's website for the latest firmware, as there may be an update that will help prevent this issue from occurring in the future.)

Howdy!

I only have mobile connection so I bought a "Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector" to be able to connect my Wii. The problem is that I can't install the program to my computer, I keep getting an error message that says "Please Insert The Nintendo Wi-Fi Usb Connector To Your Computers Usb-Port" I have disabled the firewall and the usb-port is not broken, but I keep getting this message. Please help! :D

My WRT54G2 and my Wii dont seem to get along... help?

yes ive posted everything on this site using the internet channel

Your issue might be a bad connection. Try doing some of these steps.

Set Static IP.
Use OpendDNS
MTU set to Auto
Put Wii on DMZ.

How do I do hat?
I'm literally on the verge of tears with this!

My WRT54G2 v1.0.01 and my wii V. 4.2U cant seem to reach an understanding through my XP PC. I have read this whole board and everything I could find on the net and actually tried every answer people have given to fix the problem and nothing.

I just got my Wii a weeks ago and have been struggling with this since then. it is wired through a Nintendo lan connector and although the menu says that it tested the connection and was OK when I got to 24 connect or agree to accept the terms it comes back with an error 220602.

Right now, after it OK'ed i told it to look for updates, it did and asked me if I wanted to used the shopping channel and 24connect , I said yes, it asked to accept the terms to connect and BAM! again the same error.

What am I doing wrong?!??!?!?
I even tried wireless and the same thing. I tried also with the Nintendo usb connector and nothing.

PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE HELP

Oka, this is my router info:
firmware Version: 1.0.01 build 003,Mar. 26, 2008
Current Time: Mon,Jul 26 2010 07:48:01
MAC Address: 00:23:69:4D:2C:8D
Router Name: WRT54G2
Host Name:
Domain Name: lan

Internet
Configuration Type
Login Type: Automatic Configuration - DHCP
IP Address: 10.0.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1
DNS 1: 10.0.0.1
DNS 2: 196.3.81.5
DNS 3: 200.88.127.22
MTU: 1500
Local Network

MAC Address: 00:23:69:4D:2C:8C
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server: Enable
Start IP Address: 192.168.1.2
End IP Address: 192.168.1.4

Wireless
MAC Address: 00:23:69:4D:2C:8E
Mode: Mixed 11/54Mbps
SSID:

DHCP Server: Enable
Channel: 11
Encryption Function: Enable

WHAT DO i NEED TO CHANGE, ADD, ETC????

(Wired) Connection Errors

I can't seem to establish an internet connection with my Wii. I have a wired ethernet connection using cable modem, 5-port ethernet switch and LAN adapter. I keep getting error codes...52020 and 52140. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Connection Settings

Hi - I'm deployed overseas and have an ISP that requires a username and password to log in - basically like a hotel room service.

I cannot figure out how to make that work on Wii. Is it the proxy server settings? Do I need to put the proxy server address and then username and password?

My ISP customer service isn't really helping.

Thanks!

Hey all! I have been thinking for a long time that I want to connect my wii to the internet.
You see, I have a wired PC, not wireless, so I know that I am able to use the LAN adapter. But here's the problem: My modem does not have an extra ethernet cable port, it only has one. Should I get a wired router to fix the problem, or is there a better solution?

Maybe, just maybe, I can use a wireless router for my PC? I've seen it happen on a video before, but this whole connecting-wii-to-internet thing is confusing me!

Thanks to whoever helps!!

Hi! I am from Latvia and I was trying to get WiiShop Channel but there was reply "WiiShop Chanell is currently not offered." Why is it like that?

hi guys i need help about the Wiiconnect24 because it keeps gicing me the message that right now it is not being offered. Why? thanks in advance

Hi all,

Im in the UK and i have been trying to set my Wii up using the wireless option, when i get to choose the one i want to connect to i have 2 with the same name, (i am with virgin broadband) anyway, it asks for the key or password, thing is, this was set up about 3 years ago and i do not remember the password! I have tried entering the key which is on the bottom of the wireless router but no joy. Any ideas please???

Connecting online ?'s

Hi there! I'm new to all of this, so here goes. My computer and wii are in the same room probably 20ft apart. I have a wired connection to the internet. What do I need to get the wii online???? Thanks!

Hi there! I'm new to all of this, so here goes. My computer and wii are in the same room probably 20ft apart. I have a wired connection to the internet. What do I need to get the wii online???? Thanks!

Just use the same router conection you computer uses. Go to the wii settings, internet, internet connection 1,2,3 whatever(i dont think it matters.XD).If you have a router and know the password and name manual. And place your info there. If you dont, search an access point i think it says and use the ones there and hope one of them connects you to internet.

Back