Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Is your router set up? If it is, then that guide is suitable whatever. The Wii should be able to pick the signal up.

Ohhhh, the problem is, i'm 14, I have a laptop upstairs with my wii too, but the router will be set up by someone in my family, will wii internet work if one of my family are on the internet downstairs? Thanks and I should get it set up soon :D

Thanks for all your help! Legend :D:D

Yes the router should allow many appliances to use the internet at once. Remember that your parents may have put a password on the connection so you might require that when connecting your wii up to the router.

Last edited:
Okay thanks, I tried to but for some reason it just messed up completely :S

Sorry, but are routers easy to set up? The problem is it that my mum and dad wanna go wireless, but we already have a wired connection. Is that easy to sort out?

Yeah routers are fairly simple to set up, with the instructions that come with the router. The wired connection goes into the router and you require cables to go from the router to whatever you want to be connected with wires. Everything to be be connected wirelessly should be able to detect the signal from the router and should then work. Of course there's a bit more to it but it generally works like this.

this may help

to everyone mainly in the US i used to work for comcast setting up networks and all that. first of all to do wireless on the wii you need to make sure that the router is set up to your internet connection. if it is a new router, then by far the fastest most easy way to set up your router to the internet is:
verify you can surf the web using only the modem connected to you computer via ethernet or usb, then unplug your modems power and ethernet cables, take ethernet from modem to router then router to computer plug both modem and routers power in at the same time. let the modem and the router bloc up aka all green lights or whatever lights it has verify with manuals . after you let the modem send a VALID IP ADDRESS TO THE ROUTER, pull up your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 this will pull up the settings for the router and is what allows you to set up a secured network (need a password to connect to it) once you do the settings and SAVE THE SETTINGS then you can get your wii connected to the network.

You successfully connected now? :)

Not yet mate, my mum won't let me near it, she keeps saying i'll mess it up haha.

Btw, if i'm on wii internet and my mum or dads on the comp downstairs, would wii internet still work?

Thanks mate :D

yup youll be fine may be slightly slower but oh well better than nouthing.

Tbh, it doesn't slow the connection down noticeably. The router should work fine with no problems. But if you want a wired connection then yeah go with the LAN adapter, it'll still probs go through your router anyway except it won't be wireless.

Back