Nintendo bans Manhunt 2 for Wii

dreamcastninja said:
when was the last AO game created? Wasn't it night-trap for the 3d0 because of a rape game way back in the 90's? come on.
Don't know who you were replying to but so far there have been 23 Adult Only games produced.

im glad, i have never liked manhunt any way, and motion sensetive controlls should not be in this game

Well how incredibly hardcore is this game for it to be banned in multiple countries (or have the possibility to be)?

Very! Apparently Australia and Germany are banning it too...not that it matters really as its getting banned by the companies.

mushroomedmario said:
yeah ign said you can get a clamp and rip someone's balls off BUT it was one of those phrases that go like this "imagine if you coud" or "let's jsut say you could..." they hinted at it but idnd't confirm it

that hardcore

http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792012p1.html

link said:
Consider for one moment that in Manhunt 2 you can, Wii remote and nunchuk in hands, use a pair of pliers to clamp onto an enemy's testicles and literally tear them from his body in a bloody display; and if that weren't enough, you'll take one of the poor victim's vertebrae along with his manhood. Or, if you'd prefer, you can use a saw blade and cut upward into a foe's groin and buttocks, motioning forward and backward with the Wii remote as you go. But believe it or not, there is much more to Manhunt 2 than mutilation and mayhem. This is a game that begins with the subject of psychosis.

i'm not very goodo when it comes to stuff like this, it seems more like they were just using that as an example but that would be too hardcore for a game, even if it's fo radults only.........right?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792012p1.html

Jay61 said:
Very! Apparently Australia and Germany are banning it too...not that it matters really as its getting banned by the companies.

and it wasn't banned by nintendo itself, nintendo america banned it.....so it can still get into canada right?

Last edited:
i could careless about manhunt, but i know how alot of people like it (duno why) so i would say to nintendo to let the game appear...until i say it was AO...i havent seen that rating in a long time..but why, i know it got bashin heads and such but RE4 kinda did that as well...mabey Manhunt should tone it down so it can launch, because if its AO it will be hard to get..i probly could but still...not every one could causeng sells to fail.

ciper said:
Don't know who you were replying to but so far there have been 23 Adult Only games produced.

Well, that's games rated by the ESRB. I'm sure that all the japanese games I downloaded back in high school would be rated AO if they were released in America.

And most of those are available for the PS2.

So, there are a lot of games that qualify for the AO rating, sold in markets that don't use the ESRB.

Of coarse, the real question is why is it rated AO? Violence? No, probably not. Frontal nudity/Male Frontal Nudity? Almost certainly.

Graphic depiction of a persons head exploding from a hollow point bullet, people committing cannibalism, someone feeding a person through an industrial chipper shredder, all these things can be done in a pg-13 movie at this point.
A 4-second shot of a womans nipple will automatically take an otherwise G rated movie to R, no questions asked.

Well my parents wouldn't let me get that anyways but it doesn't look that great. I'm pretty sure id look kinda sketchy playing that alone in my basement. But that does suck for Rockstar because GTA is an awesome game and I don't want this to discourage them from putting that and some other games on the Wii.

wow its so gay i actually think that game would be cool so they better relalease it i mean there bein babys

why, you wouldnt be able to find it if it was an AO game. They should really scale it down to an M to make everyone happy.

Its on hold for now anyway.

“Take-Two Interactive Software has temporarily suspended plans to distribute Manhunt 2 for the Wii or PlayStation platforms while it reviews its options with regard to the recent decisions made by the British Board of Film Classification and Entertainment Software Rating Board. We continue to stand behind this extraordinary game. We believe in freedom of creative expression, as well as responsible marketing, both of which are essential to our business of making great entertainment.” - Take-Two rep

Wow. So adults have no choice in purchasing a game if they want it. Awesome. Tell me what else I can't buy.

Jay61 said:

NOT AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!

All seriousness aside, there is a possibility that it will end up in Australia because we rate games as g, pg, m, or ma.

Back