Nintendo DS Lite vs. Sony PSP

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Two statements before I start:

1. I searched for this topic and I couldn't find a similar thread.
2. This thread is not to be flamed or bashed, if so I'll contact a mod.

So, which do you think is the better portable gameplayer/mediaplayer?

The Nintendo DS Lite or The Sony PSP

Main Facts:

Nintendo DS Lite:

- Nintendo games
- 2 screens
- Stylus included
- Wi-Fi
- DS Download Play
- Internet add-on

Sony PSP:

- Games
- Photos
- Watch movies
- Listen to Music
- GPS add-on
- Graphic Advantage
- Bigger Screen

Pictures:

Nintendo DS Lite:

7717_large.jpg

Sony PSP:

sony_playstation_portable_valuepack.gif

Last edited:
i have both of them but i use my psp alot more so i guess you can say i like the psp more...games are fun and i get to listen to lots of music cuz i have a 2gb memory card.

In terms of gameplay both have pretty good games on them, but in terms of media the psp wins. However my opinion is i love my nintendo DS, i have bad memories of the psp XD,

I have a DS, and I think it's great very interactive, even my 6 year old sister is good at it. My vote goes to the DS.

i think the results are going to be biased because of the fact that it is the nintendo ds forum.
imo the ds is better but that's because i've had it for around two years. and to be honest, i have only ever played on the psp once lol.

I have both and i much prefer the DS, i regret buying my psp in the first place.

cannon said:
I have both and i much prefer the DS, i regret buying my psp in the first place.

Why so?

you forgot to mention psp has way better graphics, 1 bigger screen, can have a browser or basically anything a computer can have on it

i like DS though, im not a big handheld fan so DS is good for playing small amounts with

You also forget, Sovieto, that the psp's screen is crap. Ever seen a screen that doesnt have scratches on it? The whole dang thing is a a screen, just looks...bad.

my biggest argument is this.

DS Lite-NO LOAD TIMES

PSP-obnoxiously long load times....i hate having to wait, escpecially during mortal combat. pissed me off.

I'd say PSP. For once im choosing Sony Over Nintendo but yeah. It's really cool, with Music and everything. Although Music on a console is pointless this is handheld so really it's an MP3 player too. Just keep it in your pocket like a MP3 Player

The DSLite. The PSP is the "jack of all trades but master of none". It tries to compete with Apple (music) and Nintendo (gaming). However, both the Ipod and the DS have managed to kick the PSPs ass (and hard I may say). The Ipod can hold a buttload of songs and there are Podcasts to boot. Not only that, but it's tiny! It's better to carry around than the PSP. The DS may or may not have "better" games. However, no one can deny that the DS has what the PSP will never have: Hugely popular, multimillion sellers (I mean 3+ million!).

Advantages to PSP:
1. Big screen to see games and movies easier.
2. Is multimedia.
3. Better graphics
Disadvantages:
1. Costs more than DS
2. It's a little too large for a handheld and the screen seems to crowd out the controls!
3. Movies do not work on a handheld (why bother?)
4. The Ipod is a much better and popular music player. There goes the multimedia bonus.
5. Has yet to get a game on the caliber of Nintendogs or Brain Age (or NSMB).

And if you have seen the cut-scenes in Metroid Hunters and FF3, you would know that the DS isn't weak-sauce. Indeed, the movies in Hunters blew me away, I was so impressed.

What Sony fails to realize is that the console/handheld with the most technology is not the best-selling. With the PSP and the PS3, Sony is showing that it didn't learn from gaming history and is now repeating it.

I dont think the PSP games are all that fun, Yes it might have a couple of really good games but other than a slight few the games are just really boring. I play my DS probably 20x more than my psp. I havent played my PSP since like last november.

Back