Nintendo has made me cry :(

ZeLdA4LiFe

@SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :)
Aug 20, 2006
Stanton, CA
well. . . yea :/

got my Wii first day it came out. i, along with others, waited to get the first Wii's out in the US. i remember putting in Twilight Princess and every other game that came along through the years. i had allll my saved files, perfect games, personal high scores on all my other games. . . but what happens next?!?!?!

HMMMM. . . my Wii says it has weird errors in the files. So what do i do? i do what ever else does, call Nintendo, send my Wii and expect to have it fixed and everything. BUT once i get it back, EVERY. . . SINGLE. . SAVED. . FILE. . DATA is erased from my Wii. all my Twilight Princess records, Brawl, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid + 20 more Wii games, VC games, Rock Band tracks. . . . ERASED :/

So i spent HOURS AND HOURS re downloading each file one by one. the songs takes a while to download, the VC games as well.

it's as if i got a NEW Wii, but my playing history is completely gone. it's as if i never played any of my games :(

thanks for the no-charge, but NINTENDO. . . you crushed my dreams :( you killed an old school gamer's spirit :/ i was there from the beginning Nintendo, and you just erased me and my Wii's history :/

anyone had that happen? XD

even my Mii's are gone XD i had to create new ones AND download every single channel again XD

# 1 lessen ever of all time, never buy anything on the first day it comes out. Wait 1 year for bug fixes and hardware revisions. My wii still works bought 1 and a half year from release approx.

# 1 lessen ever of all time, never buy anything on the first day it comes out. Wait 1 year for bug fixes and hardware revisions. My wii still works bought 1 and a half year from release approx.

i got mine a couple days after it first came out and the only problem mine has is it can't play discs anymore but thats my own fault.

not everybody is unlucky enough to get hit by hardware failures or stuff of that sort(unless you own an early 360. i feel sorry for most of you. RRoD)

When I had to send in my Wii for repair, they sent it back with all of my save files and everything as it was. I feel bad for you, ZeLdA, but if your Wii said there was an error with your files, there was probably nothing they could do to save them. :( Very sad.

Sorry to hear that ZelDa, I got my wii I think the first day it came out or the next day or something but my wii worked w/no errors or nothing until last April of this year, in january of this yr, my wii begain to make a load buzzing noise, when April rolled around the buzzing noise drove me crazy so i called nintendo, shipped it in with 80 dollars, got it fixed, all my saved files, games and stuff was still there, but then my wii flipped out again after this August, got it shipped in but nintendo fixed it for free this time, works fine for me, every now and again the wii wont read my cd's but ha i cant complain.

Note: I played my wii before and now for like 4 to 8 hours daily or once every other day. no probs.

This same exact thing happened to me. I've had my Wii from the start, and I pretty much lost everything. From Mario Kart, to SSBB, Need For Speed, AC, ect. Too many Wii games to list. Also all my VC saved data's where gone.

The sad part was, that I included a letter in the package I sent to them with a SD card asking them that if a wipe had to be done, to PLEASE, back up my game files as I have countless hours of game data.

My Wii is returned 2 weeks later, and everything is gone, and my SD card is returned to my still empty. They didn't even bother opening it. No proof of attempting to save my data files.

Still pissed about it to this day.

The best thing is to make regular backups every day your self so if it happens again no bigee you're saved.

I got mine the first day it came out. No critical problems yet.

Back