Nintendo Switch

MyNintendoNews posted confirmation that it won't support dual screen gameplay :(
I can only hope it changes by the time of release.

Dual screen isn't necessary. The concept lost a lot of appeal for the Wii U in most people's opinion. And when the use of the gimmick is forced, it turned out badly. (Star Fox Zero)

Nintendo realized this mistake and is taking it away for the betterment of sales, which obviously is the right move.

Besides, the Switch's design makes dual screen impossible. The tablet is the console, the dock is just a dock for charging and displaying the tablets image on your tv. Without the tablet in the dock, there's nothing going on in the dock.

I enjoy Star Fox Zero controls very very much. It really gives you a sense of immediacy, in loss for better term. And this is specifically thanks to second screen. It really makes the battles so much more involving and hectic. I assume this is the feeling when you fly battle aircraft in the middle of the fight. It's like I'm reliving TopGun movie flight scenes, the constant need to check rear, front, back, up, down, I love it. I don't think it is reviewed badly cause it was forced, but more likely because it is misunderstood. Perfect example of this is ZombiU. Only now everyone claims it is fantastic, but remember the first impressions back in 2012. Similar is with Skyward Sword. It just takes time for people to embrace it (if they wanna).

I am closely following the whole VR thing, and it is fantastic how now all of the sudden people defend the lack of graphical capabilities in Sony PSVR, dub it as not so important and praise the intuitiveness of Move controls, yet who made this control scheme a standard? And how was the fact of Wii intuitive controls on expense of graphical capabilities recieved? People are funny.

Last edited:
I was disappointed with Star Fox Zero personally. I'm hoping for a port to the Switch with more conventional controls- well I would be but I'm pretty weary of SF64 homages. I want a new, original Star Fox game, Miyamoto.

Rumoured price point for the UK is £200-£250

Two different versions one is ment to have more space

I really wish N would get with it and allow for external storage via USB.

that might be a problem with the "On the go" aspect of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Options are options but I do keep forgetting about the mobility thing. I collect handhelds but they pretty much don't ever leave the room they're in. Hah.

Back