Official Q & A Thread

freebutter said:
whats a good moveset for garchomp,electrivier,alakazam,and gengar.
in order

dragon claw
substitute
stone edge
earthquake

ice punch
thunder punch
fire punch
cross chop

psychic
energy ball
shadow ball
focus blast

focus blast
thunderbolt
shadow ball
sludge bomb
or substitute

Last edited:
for electivire get rid of thunder punch and teach thunder bolt, also an adamant rhyperior with 252 speed ev's still isnt gonna out speed ne thing is it?

Ness said:
for electivire get rid of thunder punch and teach thunder bolt, also an adamant rhyperior with 252 speed ev's still isnt gonna out speed ne thing is it?
no, electivires best stat is attack... keep thunderpunch....

thunder punch uses spl atk ne way? ev train it spl atk, have thunderbolt brick break/ cross chop then watever else, i got discharge and fire punch

This is DP so Thunderpunch is physical. Thunderbolt is generally still a better option on Electivire.

massi4h said:
This is DP so Thunderpunch is physical. Thunderbolt is generally still a better option on Electivire.
yes, since it is electric type, it gets stab... and it also has a pretty good amount of special attack.... i guess... but thunder punch is the better option imo

Well look at it this way. Thunderbolt OHKOs Skarmory, TPunch does not. If you go lonely you are far better with tbolt as it does more damage to all the pokemon you would tpunch against like Weezing and Forretress.

massi4h said:
Well look at it this way. Thunderbolt OHKOs Skarmory, TPunch does not. If you go lonely you are far better with tbolt as it does more damage to all the pokemon you would tpunch against like Weezing and Forretress.
then again, thats what fire-punch is for.... and thats also what the rest of your team is for... :eek:ut:

Fire Punch has the same base power as thunderpunch. And they are both Super effective against skarmory. Fire Punch is basically never used on Vire as ther only pokemon it would be good for is Forretress, which is gonna still get hurt badly by Thunderbolt. And Thunderbolt prevents you from getting walled by Physical Walls like Weezing and Forretress as you shouldn't be using Fire Punch you should be using Earthquake.

massi4h said:
Fire Punch has the same base power as thunderpunch. And they are both Super effective against skarmory. Fire Punch is basically never used on Vire as ther only pokemon it would be good for is Forretress, which is gonna still get hurt badly by Thunderbolt. And Thunderbolt prevents you from getting walled by Physical Walls like Weezing and Forretress as you shouldn't be using Fire Punch you should be using Earthquake.
then again, you can switch out to another pokemon... you dont always have to use that pokemon in the whole duration of the battle...

But you don't need the other moves, lets be PokeChamp and use one move per pokemon so we can switch everytime instead of attacking. We don't need the other 3. Plus Electivire likes to come in on an Eletric attack mid game and then sweep, he's not always in too much of a position to want to switch.

Dont give an electrivie fire punch coz all the things fire damages is covered with the other attacks including EQ, which u should replace it for.

As far as tbolt over tpunch, i am unsure as i havent run any calculations, but i am guesssing massi4h is right

Wow, this whole conversation just blew whatever braincells I had left.

Giveing elec EQ is giving it greater coverage than fire punch. 100/100 attack instead of 75/95...
Giving a elect Tbolt is a good idea, but do you drop the tpunch?
Having a primary attack stat stab is great and all....
I guess if their was like an elect version of overheat/draco meator this would be the move use for a elect

Quick question, I was working on my snorelax, and I was looking over it's stats and all, and its defense stat is quite sad (that dose not make much since to me)...Every build I have ever seen is always Carefull (and the ocational adamant)....would Impish make a decent one? Since I intended him to be kind of a soft spongy wall for things to hit (have you ever tried to punch a snorelax, you kinda bounce back)

Last edited:
Back