Official Shiny Pokemon Discussion Thread

Oh god I really don't want to spend the next 30 minutes typing up all my shinies...

Here's part of it, lol.

Absol
Arcanine
Ariados
Beedrill
Bronzong
Chatot
Cubone
Dunsparce
Fearow
Flareon
Floatzel
Golem
Jynx(EV trained, Luna set)
Kingler
Krabby
Ledian
Luxray
Machop(3)
Magnemite
Magnezone
Makuhita
Medicham
Miltank
Murkrow
Nosepass
Pachirisu
Pichu
Pidgeot
Ponyta(2)
Porygon
Psyduck
Shellos
Skarmory
Skitty
Slowking
Slowpoke
Smoochum
Surskit
Venomoth
Vulpix

yes its thread revival but this is a good thread.

i did my first chain today!
i got a 23 chain with Graveler until a f***in spearow broke it

Chaining is overrated.

There's some RNG glitch (Not really a glitch as you would say), but you can make shiny eggs! It involves getting your Secret ID though. It's pretty simple, but very straightforward and a tedious process trying to get a specific nature and ability.

Right now, I have a shiny Meowth egg, looking towards an IV spread of 31:31:20+:x:20+:31. I just need to soft reset :3

i chained again today! still can't break 30.

anyways i was chaining Rosalia when a Staravia broke it at 27. damn! i'm getting better though...

Trophy Garden I'd imagine.
Yeah, I need to get back into chaining, but first I gotta keep on trying to get these roaming pokes with decent IVs.
You want an easy chain to start with, Shadow? Try Buizel. As long as you're following all the guidelines and walking into the same exact patch every time, (with something with Storm Drain at the head of your party) I guarantee you'll catch a shiny one with minimal effort, then you can try harder pokes.

no need fox i(by some miracle) got my first chained shiny! it was swarming spoink so i started chaining and got one 43 then it broke right after. yay! a shiny spoink!

thanks but from the guides and stuff i read chaining the swarm pokes are easy so i still gotta work at chaining regular pokes

Loving the RNG. Added 2 more competitive shinies.

Seviper - Naughty
26 : 31 : 26 : 31 : 29 : 31

Cranidos - Lonely
31 : 31 : 15 : 31 : 16 : 31

Don't be put off by the nature if it looks a bit unusable. Sevipers mixed set calls for Naughty, sure the IVs aren't perfect in the HP unfortunately, but hell it's got flawless speed and SP. Attack/Attack so it's perfect.
As for Cranidos, it's not taking a hit anyways. Lonely is still a +Attack nature, and apparently someone said I can use Fire Blast on it or something. Whatever, I like it.

You don't have to chain a normal poke for no reason. Chaining swarm pokes is great gor practice.
The only reason people say swarm pokes are easier is because they have a high apperance rate. The higher the rate, the easier they are to chain.

Congrats on your first shiny, Shadow! :D As you might or might not remember, my first (and last)chained shiny was a swarm poke, Lickitung.

This glitch intrigues me, Wuddle... Where'd you hear about it, exactly?

I was also intrigued by this RNG shiny thing, so I searched and have been reading this and since WuddlePook isn't around right now to post it....

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821878

Scroll down to the "Exploitation techniques for bred pokemon" part. There's all kinds of math equations that confuse me, but the directions are pretty straightforward. Seems very interesting, I think I'm gonna try it later. I'm having trouble deciding if doing this is fair play or not though. It seems there's no action replay codes necessary, but still, it seems.... wrong somehow to end up with nearly flawless IV shinies by exploiting a random number generator.

You need an Action Replay to find your Secret ID, or someone with Pokesav. and Edge/R4/Etc.

Morally, it is wrong I guess to be doing it in a way. But the outcome is legit. Whether you do it or not is not my problem :D I'm enjoying it.

Back