old news, already posted

Master Wii said:
Who gives a crap if there are 5 pages of the same thing? It's the moderators responsibility to step in and point out that the topic has been covered and lock the thread. Even posting a link to the thread on his topic.

P.S. This isn't my first membership on an online forum, so I realize the situation but I haven't met a more immature collective bunch of people as I have so far on this site.

Well if there's 5 pages of the same question being asked on a consistant basis, do you think anyone else would be interested in joining if it's so unorganized? I don't think the threads should be exactly locked, I think repetitive threads should simply be deleted. And all forums have an immature group of people, even the local racists, but that's just that. If you don't actually like how it is here, I'm pretty sure you can find another forum to post at.

Kamikaze said:
Well if there's 5 pages of the same question being asked on a consistant basis, do you think anyone else would be interested in joining if it's so unorganized? I don't think the threads should be exactly locked, I think repetitive threads should simply be deleted.

So your basically blaming the Moderators for not doing their job. Which is exactly what I said should happen. Locked or deleted, it should be handled properly but it isn't and it is allowed to continue.

Kamikaze said:
And all forums have an immature group of people, even the local racists, but that's just that. If you don't actually like how it is here, I'm pretty sure you can find another forum to post at.

Your right, all forums have an immature group of people. The group here seems to be fairly larger than some others. If the moderators don't start doing their job, I would venture to say i'm not the only one that will eventually part ways with this forum.

What you've implied in your statements is that this issue shouldn't be settled whatsoever. You've agreed to the repetitive threads being locked, and that would once again make the forum look terrible. While as if had been deleted, it would make it look more representable and organized.

Master Wii said:
P.S. This isn't my first membership on an online forum, so I realize the situation but I haven't met a more immature collective bunch of people as I have so far on this site.

That is because we AREN'T hard enough on the noobs. The mods do nothing, except move a post from time to time. I realize there are lots of teens here (myself included), but anyone who is an active forum user would agree that we need a mod to come in and stick the ban hammer up someone's ass.

Prez said:
That is because we AREN'T hard enough on the noobs. The mods do nothing, except move a post from time to time. I realize there are lots of teens here (myself included), but anyone who is an active forum user would agree that we need a mod to come in and stick the ban hammer up someone's ass.

I couldn't agree more.

I just learned that i0n (the head honcho) from reading through another thread also owns PS3Chat.com

I think he needs to pick a good core set of moderators that will step in with the repetative threads and take action with them. People that will keep the forums clean and without being extremely rude. People that also aren't afraid to whip out the ban hammer on the tools either.

i formally nominate myself for moderator! lol
i promise to use the "ban hammer" and run forum like a good trusting moderator. lol

This is why I tell people about when they've made a thread thats already been made (just an example):

dad75b4a-posts-jpg.jpg

As you can see, two weather channels have a high amount of posts, which would be better if it was just one big thread. When I see a thread with a similar name, I check it out to see if its any different to the others, and there not, bit annoying and a letdown :p so yeah, I try my best to let people know there's other threads :D

Wiired said:
This is why I tell people about when they've made a thread thats already been made (just an example):

dad75b4a-posts-jpg.jpg

As you can see, two weather channels have a high amount of posts, which would be better if it was just one big thread. When I see a thread with a similar name, I check it out to see if its any different to the others, and there not, bit annoying and a letdown :p so yeah, I try my best to let people know there's other threads :D
damn good example there. I mean, it didn't even require searching; Just look at the of the Wii Online section before you post.

lol exacly, its ironic and sarcastic
add: useless, like all the other threads and post like this. and this one

MetroidZ said:
damn good example there. I mean, it didn't even require searching; Just look at the of the Wii Online section before you post.

Actually that was done by clicking new posts up at the top and it showed all of the new posts made across the entire board. Those could easily have been posted in different sections.

I'm not justifying people making duplicate threads about the same topic. I'm simply saying that it's a moderator issue and that every single person that knows of a similar thread that exists shouldn't jump in and flame every OP that does it. It's rediculously immature.

Let the moderators do their job by cleaning up the boards with duplicate threads by combining them, or making stickies etc. (If they ever decide to)

Master Wii said:
Actually that was done by clicking new posts up at the top and it showed all of the new posts made across the entire board. Those could easily have been posted in different sections...
but it wasn't so shush. and if it was it would be in the wrong section.

Back