Overzealous Signature Stripping?

MaXiMiUS

Custom User Title (TM)
Dec 7, 2006
Nanaimo, BC, Canada.
Wii Online Code
2573-4546-5926-8361
-No external linking to other websites.
Why was my link to content on this site removed, if this only applies to external sites? I can see reasonable conditions where this would apply, such as spam, advertising, et cetera, but I had a link to Wikipedia and a text file hosted on my own website! Should the links not be checked to see if it's reasonable to have them in a signature BEFORE they are removed?

I'll post them here and let you judge them and see if they contain inappropriate content, spam or advertising.

http://rakon.org/wii.txt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freethought

-The maximum number of lines in a signature is 4.
-Maximum image size in signatures is 500 x 130 pixels.
Last I checked, 130 pixels is more than 4 lines of normal size font. This is kind of biased against people who choose not to use graphical signatures. I've attached an image showing what I mean by this. 130 pixels is 8 lines of text, not 4.

Also, the only reason my signature was over 4 lines of text, is because you can't create links properly in signatures; you can't make links that do this:

This link goes to google, but doesn't say google.ca, instead it has text representing it. You can't do this in signatures, at all.

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    729 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yeah, ages ago 'cause I wanted to be that amount worth of text into my sig (had it for like a day when I joined) I just made a picture in Photoshop and just put text to fill up as much space as I wanted, only suggestion I can really make :)

I'm not entirely sure why my signature of just text was removed, and various other people who have *far* larger signatures (look at your own, the image alone puts it AT the height limit of 130px, then you have another 6 lines of text) have their signatures left in tact.

I feel singled out here! :X

I would help you out if I could, but I understand what you're saying. The first link doesn't work for me, but it seems like your not exactly linking to anything of yours such as another forum, so I don't understand why they were removed :confused: maybe send a PM to i0n if he doesn't reply to this thread?

iplaywii said:
It's some of these new mod's, they are destroying this board!!! :incazzato:

... we have mods?

They work so hard torturing people over sigs and yet they are never around when people make threads that are just waiting to be bombed with spam and flame.

a link in your sig that is linking to another part of Wiichat is OK. however if it is linking to another website then it is against the rules and will be removed. i dont make the rules, i just enforce them

Esco27 said:
... we have mods?

They work so hard torturing people over sigs and yet they are never around when people make threads that are just waiting to be bombed with spam and flame.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.
The mods here work very hard.
If you ever happen to see a thread that consists of spam/flaming, that means there were 5 more of those same threads, that you didn't see.
Also, we do not focus at all on signatures.
If there does happen to be a signature that obviously breaks the rules a great amount, it will be taken care of.
You guys should consider yourselves lucky, that these are the only problems you notice. Because a lot of crap happens around here that gets cleaned up very quickly that never even hits the "public".

Congratulations Prez, you became a moderator. I understand, you want to let all the other mod's know you appreciate them. Good luck.

Back