Q for an admin regarding Signature sizes

Yes, I do...it's was a joke.....

don't have to tell me that mods need to set examples for the rest of the community.......

Brawny said:
Yes, I do...it's was a joke.....

don't have to tell me that mods need to set examples for the rest of the community.......
Yea I know you know...
While it was addressed to you, it was kind of for everyone...

Brawny said:
In theory, the spoiler is a great idea.....the only people who actually read them are the two people they have to do with.....

@ciper....yeah..crap like that happens. Just suck it up. This forum has a huge double standard on stuff like that, you just gotta live with it. Or get on their good side and let them add to your sig for you. :ihih:

Signature sizes can be set per usergroup. The limits may just be higher. Not really a double standard, since they fall w/in their guidelines. There are many other examples of double standards and preferential treatment here though.

yeah, supermods can have multiple smileys, no 500 character or 8 line limit...so it's obviously usergroup setting that i0n probably never even considered.

Just follow my example and "forget" there are any rules at all.

And brawny I will need confirmation on that supposed Peen size.

Brawny said:
In theory, the spoiler is a great idea.....the only people who actually read them are the two people they have to do with.....

@ciper....yeah..crap like that happens. Just suck it up. This forum has a huge double standard on stuff like that, you just gotta live with it. Or get on their good side and let them add to your sig for you. :ihih:
You misunderstand. I will never use a sig and I don't mind that the mods/admins have a large one. I mind that some of the normal users who posts regularly have a huge one that makes reading the forum a pain in the ass.

Prez said:
Guys, seriously, just follow the rules as they are written. No need to make this complicated.
With topics like this, the easiest thing to do would just be making your signature how you want it, then PM one of the mods and ask if it is alright.
Brawny, you know very well that if I break the rules just for you, then everyone else is going to start asking me too..
I wanted clarification so that I knew when it was appropriate to report a sig to the moderators.
The rules as they are written allow me to create a sig that is approximately four pages long. I will manually recreate it on this post instead of going through the control panel so that it doesn't mess up other areas of the forum. This is a copy and paste of the sig I used yesterday for a short time

It uses only two lines of text, is the normal font size and is under the character limit.
4 Steph

Last edited:
you can go into the UserCP and under the "Edit Options" you can untick a box that will disable all sigs so you dont have to see them.

The reason that works is the quote tag takes up so much space, but the sig limits only look at the characters, not the space a tag will take up. Admin can limit the tags permitted in signatures. It should probably be done, but I am not holding my breath. Personally, I find image signatures annoying, so I have signatures turned off here.

The sig limit of pixel height only applies to images. There is no way to enforce that on text blocks. If they are the same (as mentioned above in this thread), that is coincidence.

I just found a further clarification of the Sig size limits posted by ION -

i0n said:
12. Signature Guidelines
-The maximum font size allowed in signature lines is 2.
-The maximum number of lines in a signature is 4.
-Maximum image size in signatures is 500 x 130 pixels.
-Signature text should comply with our regular posting rules. No all-caps, no alternating caps, etc..
-Signature text that is too long or obtrusive will be removed. This would include overly creative use of punctuation, color, etc. which make the signature too flashy.
-Signatures with just your username will be removed. Usernames are on the top of every post, so there's no need to have it in your signature too. -No affiliate links!
-No external linking to other websites.

Mitch2025 said:
you can go into the UserCP and under the "Edit Options" you can untick a box that will disable all sigs so you dont have to see them.

Uhhm can you disable avys? :lol:

Monsteroids said:
Uhhm can you disable avys? :lol:

Yes, you can disable avatars as well. I assume that is what you mean by avys.

ciper said:
Should I be surprised that my question was never really answered?
The answer is exactly what I said before.
Make your sig, then PM a mod and ask them if it is alright or not. That saves all of this discussion that "didn't really give you an answer"...

I don't want a sig. I want to make Wii chat a better place by stopping others who break the rules. That is why I ask for official clarification so feel feel confident something will be done when I report the offenders.

Back