Photography Thread

blueovalboy7

They call me Hammy!
May 23, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
New Lounge! Does this fit in here?

I figured I'd make a photography thread again so people can discuss/share their techniques and other information.

Digital/Film are both accepted, and would be appreciated if posters would list their settings used.

I felt bad cause no one posted in here :D haha. What do you think of DLP's? I wonder what the difference is between that and a 10 MP camera. I know DLP's are more accurate with the view finder and have interchangeable lenses. But just that alone seems over priced. I don't really know much about cameras though...

I would love to get me a DSLR.
don't have the moneyz though...
I guess I'll just stick to my old SLR; need to get some film for it.

I would love to get me a DSLR.
don't have the moneyz though...

Same. I been kickin it around for a while now, but i keep telling myself, either you eat or you take pictures, you decide..lol..and a man needs to eat xD

Well I've been using a Nikon Coolpix 8700, its about 5 years old, but it has a lot of features, and takes pretty good quality pictures considering it's essentially a point and shoot digital camera.

A nice DSLR is on the horizon, but a way off for me, considering I just started getting into the whole photography thing.

Yaaaaaay for this thread =]

Okay so I use a Canon 400D:

canon-400d-xti-rebel.jpg

And I have a standard 18-55mm lens which is the one fitted in the picture above. Also have a 90-300mm lens. Which is the big one. And I also have a fisheye with atatched macro lens which is pretty neat. And I have my lovely flash which is a third party one, but still pretty big and powerful.

Also have a Nikon F55 film camera. Here's what they look like:
nikon_f55_a.jpg

It was a good beginers film camera, to get used to using film and how different they are to using digital cameras.
Have a camera on the way. It better coem soon, ordered it over a week a go now. I just love love love what I reckon to be the greatest film camera of all time, the Leicas. Seeing as their hundreds of pounds to buy now, I got myself a cheaper version, a replica Leica =]
ad54_1.JPG

Well that's enough for this post.
I'll post some of my pictures next time.

From looking at it, it looks like a camera confused of where it's meant to be.
Like it's ALMOST a SLR from the looks, but the lense and rounded shape is holding it back. Just strikes me as odd looking. BUT, I have seen that it does take some pretty decent pics, so it's all good. =]

From looking at it, it looks like a camera confused of where it's meant to be.
Like it's ALMOST a SLR from the looks, but the lense and rounded shape is holding it back. Just strikes me as odd looking. BUT, I have seen that it does take some pretty decent pics, so it's all good. =]

Yea it looks like it wants to be an SLR, but is really just a point and shoot with a nice zoom capability.

I'm not so much into photography, but I am into Film. I bought a Nikon D40 for my girlfriend for xmas (never ever spent that much before, but I had the money, and thought I may as well).

d40.jpg

I got a Canon HG10 earlier this month - it's a digital camcorder, but I've been building up my own kit (albeit amateur stuff).

b157017.jpg

Looking forward to making some decent quality films.

Just a shame I'll miss out on so much of the technical side (like DOF).

Shyeah, Just wait for Dean to arrive.

Anyway, My Camera's not as Fancy/Good/Rich as all of yours.

I just have a simple Sony Cybershot DSC-W80.
CAPM3B16.jpg

Back