Pokémon Bimonthly Challenges

Mr. MR

Shantae 4 Smash!!!
Jun 11, 2011
シオンタウン
Wii Online Code
3547-0534-1512-4583
This new generation has given us new Pokémon, new Strategies, new Breeding Mechanics for easy IVs, Hoard Battle for easy EVs, and the Bank so our Pokémon will be with us for every generation, so why not take advantage of this and do Bimonthly Battles.

The Bimonthlies are going to be a series of Pokémon battles with whoever wants to participate (probably just us 3 maybe 4 *Trago*), and it happens every two months.

Each two months will have a different challenge, ranging from Gym Leader Teams (Single Type Teams) to a Gen Diverse Team (A Team of Pokémon from different generations). This will test your team building skills and it gives you an excuse to start collecting competitive Pokés.

If it's a hit we can have a second challenge where we change up the rules (from Singles to Double/Triple/Rotation/Multi) for the next month (not part of the main Biweekly).

Rules:
No Smogon Ubers unless otherwise stated. (Unless convinced otherwise)
For Gym Leader Bouts, two people cannot run the same main type (who chooses first will be chosen by last months results).
- Also, if you want you could make your own Badge for the Gym Leader Bouts, which the victors can put in their sig if they like.
Who battles who in the first round will be chosen at random.
- As for the number of battles for each Round, I am open to suggestions.
Organization can vary and I am open to suggestions.
- I do want each competitor to fight all the other competitor (if tons more people join then this might change).
The Winners will be rewarded with the choosing of who does the next entry for Pokémon of the Week. Competitors cannot be chosen twice in a row unless they agree to do it. The PotW post must be posted before the next Biweekly starts.

Bimonthly #1
Multi Battles
Pokémon Needed: At Least 3
No duplicate Pokémon
- Megas cannot be paired with their Normal Forms
- Considering letting teammates use duplicates but try to avoid doing so
- Prior Evolutions and off-branch Evolutions are allowed on the same team but diversity is recommended.
No Ubers (Smogon)

Entries So Far:
Mr. MR
Neosquid
Splash_King
Tragonight

Pokémon Needed: At Least 3
Starts sometime this month (whenever Trago is ready).

Teams will be switched after each round (until everyone has been paired together).
Teams will be given 15 minutes to come up with their Pokémon Team.
Switching Pokémon between rounds is fine.
Switching Pokémon between battles (if we have multiple Battles in a Round) is being considered.
The one who wins the most battles is the winner.
If someone DCs then I guess we should start the match back up. If one team basically won but the match DC'ed then the win goes to that team.
Team Communication in mid battle is recommended, but the method of communication is left up to the team to figure out.

All of this is subject to change.

Last edited:
Two teams a month? ... Bloody hell bro, that's the pace I kept in my early fanatic days of DP. There's no way I can muster up that much motivation these days. ._.; 'Specially not when I want to clear my Backloggery.

The Winners will be rewarded with the choosing of who does the next entry for Pokémon of the Week. Competitors cannot be chosen twice in a row unless they agree to do it. The PotW post must be posted before the next Biweekly starts.

uve cat 2 b delcattin me right meow

I've got a better idea: the winner gets a 6 IV Ditto clone. Grand, yeah? Don't you agree, Trago?

No point. Whenever you get more PP for Procrastinate, it's base power increases every use akin to Fury Cutter.

I have been waiting for this Multi Battle for a while, so is it ok with everyone if we have it this weekend?

Also, which do you guys prefer to do next: Gym Leader Bouts or Gen Diverse Teams?

Back