Pokemon X/Y

Adaptability increases the STAB bonus t' 2 as opposed to applyin' a flat 1.5x multiplier before/after STAB? ... Lame.

Stop complaining about your favorite Pokemon having attacks that powerful you jerk...

Don't ya worry bro, MegaSableye'l get a superawesometacularbroken signature move. It'l just look even uglier as a trade off.

I don't understand the Mega part but I do like the Blaziken and Lucario designs
and to give them better abilities is a cool idea

And it adds something interesting and new to Pokémon

Last edited:
Mega-Snorlax... Oh please come to us as a fat Buddha-like savior in this time of fairy tales and dragon ruled meta... Show is the way, oh fat, heavenly savior Snorlax. Evolve beyond your restraints... Show us the way...

And mega-Arcanine... Omfg soooo manyyyy lulzzzz and <3<3<3 my gawd

Last edited by a moderator:
... A double post?! R U KITTEN ME STORM

Moar info on Mega evolutions! As stated by Serebii (associated?) translators, Mega evolutions are temporary and occur in-battle only. Mega evolutions only occur when a Poke is holding a Mega Stone. The term "Mega Stone" is a broad category for various evolutionary stones that trigger these Mega evolutions, and all Mega evolutions have a specific item needed. For example, Blaziken's required Mega Stone is the already revealed Blazikenite. This Mega Stone will evolve Blaziken and Blaziken only. Also, Blazikenite in particular ain't found in-game, ya can only get it via the event Torchic. This means it's somewhat likely a few other Mega Stones will also be event only, though probably only for Pokes ya don't obtain in-game. As suspected, Mega evolutions sure as **** increase a Poke's stats. CoroCoro specifically reveals that Lucario's Attack increases and Absol's Attack 'n Speed goes up. Lastly, Mega evolutions are tied to not only that one new gym leader but a place called the "Master Tower". Means nothin' at the moment, but I'm sure the next issue will reveal more.

Speakin' of, the next CoroCoro will reveal new species, new mega evolutions, and more importantly will show how Fairy stacks up against every other type in the new type chart. do want

Oh, and as Game Freak promised, XY is friendlier with us competitive battlers in the vein of EV trainin'. The "Super Training Facility" is a place in-game dedicated to EV trainin'. To what extent and how, hell if I know. Minigames of a sort I'd imagine. I hope not, as I've no confidence that a minigame would be quicker than just normal EV trainin'.

MOAR INFORMATION!

The most important piece is that we've a short trailer for Mega evolutions. Pokes'l still be called Mega (original name here) in English, which is a tad... lame. In the same vein of poor naming, Lucario's Mega Stone is Lucarionite; expect the trend t' continue for other Mega Stones.

The gym leader revealed previous (English name Korrina) has a gym that has t' do with usin' your skates to get around, as evident by the grind rails seen in the trailer/the fact she wears 'em herself. So yeah, that rumor 'bout doin' maneuvers 'n tricks with the skates is true, sort'a like how the Acro bike worked in RSE. The town her gym is located in (Shalour City) is also the location for that there Tower of Mastery which has t' do with Mega Stones, so one can expect t' be able to do Mega evolutions once ya reach this point in the game. Probably. Maybe. Who knows.

Super Training is indeed a bunch'a minigames. However, once ya compliment the regiments, you're allowed for your Pokes to do Core Training, which'l increase their EVs without the need for a minigame. It's automatic; although ya can manually speed up the process via touch screen. At the very least, this'l make 252/252 builds real easy. Set up some Core Training, go AFK.

Oh, and the Torchic @ Blazikenite event goes up the same day XY are gettin' released, October 12th. I'll throw that up in the Event thread once there's moar details on the Torchic released.

Last edited:
storm pls fix your banner

Knock Off is now more useful than ever before. ^^; Unless mega stones aren't affected.

Loving the easier EV training, too.

Since form-inducing hold items have (almost?) always been immune t' Switcheroo/Knock Off/etc., I'm assumin' Mega Stones will be as well... but who knows.

tI2ENvN.png

Back