Pokemon X/Y

Uh, they really didn't change much, but I guess that was the intent. I like Kangaskhan a fair amount so I like MegaKangaskhan by default.

"It has the ability Parental Bond that allows its attacks to hit twice in one turn."

Unless there's more to it, it sounds even more broken than Mawile getting Huge Power.

According to Serebii, MegaMawile has higher defense and special defense than Mawile, which is more than fair, considering that 85 base attack is still a nuke with Huge Power.

There's this video too, showing some Mega evolutions in battle and stuff.

[video=youtube;BftrqE2CQiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BftrqE2CQiQ[/video]

"Mega Evolution! Mega Powerful!"

...shaddup. I was cool with the name being uncreative, but you're making it sound stupid now. ._.

Also according to Serebii:

"With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team. This is presumably to allow for a specific balance in the Pokémon."

Okay, so I may have been sorta right with my prediction. It's unclear, but if it means you can only have one mega Pokemon in your team, I feel quite relieved. This means that, say, using normal Absol is still absolutely viable if you have another mega Pokemon already. You damn well know why this limitation matters to me.

Last edited:
2.jpg

I love how something with that hair can still be so derpy.

wat the **** base 85 atk @ huge power???????

So long as it's defenses don't increase by too much, MegaMawile probably won't be Uber material. But damn, that's ****in' crazy. Now I'm curious how much higher the other Pokes' stats are gonna raise. Huge Power blows abilities like Mold Breaker 'n even Adaptability outta the water, so somethin' tells me the other Mega evolutions are gonna receive hearty boosts to stats (unless TrollFreak end up makin' MegaMawile hilariously more dangerous than MegaMewtwo). I wonder how much Lucario's Base Attack will increase? Also ponderin' how Smogon will handle Mega evolutions if any'a them are notably superior to the others... bar MegaMewtwo, obviously.

Speakin' of MegaMawile, I couldn't tell from that one low-res CoroCoro scan that it's design is actually decent enough; it's simple, but still good. Now my only issue is Ampharos' Mega evolution. Moar hair =/= moar powerful, this ain't Dragon Ball Z. Contrary to the above post's implication.

Last edited:
Thinking about it...a hold item that doubles its average attack...slow, but fairly bulky....MegaMawile is really similar to Marowak. It has better typing and access to priority (Sucker Punch), so it'll obviously be a lot better, but maybe it's not as good as we think.

The hold item limitation really needs to be taken into account. For example, Mega Amphraros might not hit as hard as we think relative to normal Ampharos when we take into account that it can't hold Choice Spec or Life Orb. It'll no doubt be better in almost every way, just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:
Marowak's hold item brings it to slightly above Medicham's Attack when said Poke doesn't have a hold item. Mawile hits 'bout as hard as a Medicham with an Orb, has better typing, and will be noticeably bulkier. It's essentially a 130 Base Atk Poke with a Choice Band, minus bein' move-locked. And it's a Steel/Fairy type, quite possibly the ultimate anti-Dragon typing. If you think Mawile isn't gonna be OU, top threat or not, I call bullshit. We'd need a ridiculous power creep for a Poke like MegaMawile t' not be awesome.

'Course, your point is valid for other Mega Pokes. If stat boosts for the offensively-oriented Mega evolutions ain't notable, it's wholly possible a Band/Orb/somethin' for a more specific strategy might be more viable than a Mega stone. 'Specially when considerin' the restriction against Mega Stones, whatever said restriction is. For example, if Lucario only got it's Atk kicked up t' Base 130, I think people would still use Banded Terrakion more for a CC-spamming Fighting-type.

This is especially true for Mewtwo. Specs makes it's Sp.A retarded, there's no way MegaMewtwo's Sp.A will be able t' rival that absurd power. MegaMewtwo would never be used for raw power, which is kind'a odd considerin' it's a mega Mewtwo. 'Less the stat gains are very notable, offensively-oriented Mega evolutions are gonna be used mainly as stat-up sweepers. In Singles. That's my prediction. Though, I ain't got a guess how it might go down in Doubles.

... On that note, I fear for MegaBlaziken's spot in OU.

Marowak's hold item brings it to slightly above Medicham's Attack when said Poke doesn't have a hold item. Mawile hits 'bout as hard as a Medicham with an Orb, has better typing, and will be noticeably bulkier. It's essentially a 130 Base Atk Poke with a Choice Band, minus bein' move-locked. And it's a Steel/Fairy type, quite possibly the ultimate anti-Dragon typing. If you think Mawile isn't gonna be OU, top threat or not, I call bullshit. We'd need a ridiculous power creep for a Poke like MegaMawile t' not be awesome.
Marowak has a base attack of 80, while Mawile has a base attack of 85. Marowak actually hits a bit harder when you realize EQ/Bonemerang is 125% as powerful as Iron Head. The bulk difference won't be drastic, I believe. Marowak has 60/110/80 bulk, while (normal) Mawile has 50/85/55 bulk. Unless its defensive stats utterly skyrocket, its bulk won't be all that much better/worse than Marowak's.

Its typing and movepool are what will send it way above Marowak in usefulness. Mawile has a better offensive movepool (...mostly Sucker Punch), though Marowak's offensive movepool ain't exactly bad, I'm pretty sure it gets the elemental punches, EQ/Bonemerang, Double Edge (with Rock Head), and Stone Edge. Research confirms that it gets Ice Punch and Fire Punch, alongside some less notable moves like Outrage. Mawile also has a better support movepool, and in particular it gets Pain Split, which is better than nothing for recovery, especially with Mawile's low HP. I'm not sure how much MegaMawile will be used for support, but it looks like it'll have decent bulk along with Stealth Rock, so a more defensive MegaMawile isn't out of the question (it'll still hit like a truck).

Steel/Fairy is great typing (erm, well, it probably will be), and indeed, it's a lot better and more unique than just Ground. It'll be OU most likely, at minimum UU or BL.

Last edited:
Oh, I incorrectly recalled Marowak's Base Attack as 70.

I also thought Marowak's Sp.D was horrible... ain't that somethin'. If only it had Hippowdon's HP.

8/14 teamslots filled (I will rotate two Pokemon in X and two Pokemon in Y)

X (could be Y, but I need to categorize this somehow) [noparse](Girl trainer):[/noparse]
-Froakie
-Vivillon
-Sableye (in rotation with Ōrotto, since they will probably share either a Dark or Ghost type)
-MegaMawile
-?
-?

Y [noparse](Male trainer):[/noparse]
-Chespin/Fennekin
-Malamar
-Honedge
-(Fairy Type) (Most likely candidates at the moment are Azumarill and Swirlix)
-(Water Type) (Previously mentioned Azumarill could fill both slots)
- Edit: Leafeon (in rotation with something)

Six spots still open. Not counting Generation VI Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet, I've been wanting to use Corsola, Jumpluff, Vanilluxe, Tangrowth, Rampardos, Cacturne, Kricketune, Beartic, and Delcatty for a while. A few of them might fit into those slots.

A flier on each team would also be convenient. I mean, for the HM.

I would wing it, but there are too many Pokemon I can't afford not to use...

Last edited:
Since we won't know how good the Pokes are 'til we train 'em ourselves, it's still wingin' it.

I've got a problem with my in-game team... I intend t' use the event Torchic on my first playthrough. Which means MegaLucario and MegaAbsol won't be able t' shine solo (assuming both Pokes and their Mega Stones are obtainable in-game). Furthermore, I can't be usin' Fennekin, Talonflame, and Blaziken. Three Fire-types is just absurd. I'll have t' save Blaziken for a future playthrough... both'a it's types clash with other team mates, so it ain't all-that useful anyways.

Fennekin / Sylveon / Pangoro / Talonflame / Honedge/ Noivern is the current line-up, although that could change at any moment. Talonflame in particular might be switched out for Lucario, since Noivern can use Fly. And yes, Lucario is the only exception to my "Gen 6 Pokes only" policy.

I'll probably use Chespin on my second playthrough, since Water-types are a dime a dozen. 'Cept Magikarp. Who also just so happens t' be in the game after a poor showing in Unova. Oh, and speakin' of the starters, I'd bet money that the three new ones will get a Mega evolution.

Since we won't know how good the Pokes are 'til we train 'em ourselves, it's still wingin' it.
I don't care about usefulness, I'm considering using a damn Corsola.

I've got a problem with my in-game team... I intend t' use the event Torchic on my first playthrough. Which means MegaLucario and MegaAbsol won't be able t' shine solo (assuming both Pokes and their Mega Stones are obtainable in-game). Furthermore, I can't be usin' Fennekin, Talonflame, and Blaziken. Three Fire-types is just absurd. I'll have t' save Blaziken for a future playthrough... both'a it's types clash with other team mates, so it ain't all-that useful anyways.

Fennekin / Sylveon / Pangoro / Talonflame / Honedge/ Noivern is the current line-up, although that could change at any moment. Talonflame in particular might be switched out for Lucario, since Noivern can use Fly. And yes, Lucario is the only exception to my "Gen 6 Pokes only" policy.

I'll probably use Chespin on my second playthrough, since Water-types are a dime a dozen. 'Cept Magikarp. Who also just so happens t' be in the game after a poor showing in Unova. Oh, and speakin' of the starters, I'd bet money that the three new ones will get a Mega evolution.
You could rotate MegaLucario and MegaAbsol. Your team has no water type on it, you jerk.

Oh, valid point. I won't have a Surf slave. Curses. Hopefully there'l be a new Water-type or two that I like this time 'round.

Rotate them? 'Karp no. Rotate their Mega Stones? ... Eh, I s'pose so. If both'a them are obtainable in-game, as well as their Stones, I'll definitely be usin' Lucario on my first team. Swappin' around three Mega Stones constantly would be lame.

I'll probably have a not-so-planned addition or two anyways. My team as it is now is comprised'a only... what, my favorites outta just 30 revealed species? Speakin' of, I definitely won't use Talonflame if there's another Flying-type I like. needz less fire types.

And on that note, for future references, these're the not at all permanent team plans I've in place.

Fennekin / Sylveon / Honedge / Pangoro / Lucario / Noivern

Chespin / Event Torchic / Absol / Talonflame / ? / ?

Back