Pokemon X/Y

XY is obviously more manly than just Y.

[strike]If I was a girl I'd totally get XX. [/strike]

nonono

"Why buy Y?" geddit? lolololololololololol

I could really use some comedy lessons...

orotto.jpg
Do want. I might have to use three ghosts in XY (Honedge, Sableye, and this if it's part Ghost).
Is it just me or does that look like Trent from Bomberman?

Not confirmed yet, but, uh...

Mega forms.

corocoro8133.jpg
MegaBlaziken (Speed Boost), MegaLucario (Adaptability), MegaAbsol (Magic Bounce)...

corocoro8134.jpg
MegaMawile (<3) (Steel/Fairy [as is normal Mawile]) (Huge Power)

"Huge Power"

...um...well...welcome to OU, Mawile! Or Ubers...

corocoro8132.jpg
MegaAmpharos (and the others)

It has no ability listed. But I think it's likely all these mega forms, or whatever the hell they are, will be really f*cking powerful.

It says they evolve through "mega evolution", whatever that is. So, how is this different than normal evolution? Are these forms, or individual Pokemon? [strike]Is Newtwo one?[/strike] Edit: No **** it's one, the image pretty much says it is.

I have no idea what the hell is going on.

.....oh, and the new Pokemon. Almost forgot, for once they're not as important as the other news.

corocoro8131.jpg

Dedenne: Electric/Fairy (Cheek Pouches/Pickup)
Horubii: Norma; (Cheek Pouches/Pickup)
Gogoat pre evo: Meekuru

If I missed anything, check here, but I don't think I did:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Last edited:
WHAT THE FLYING-STAB FUCK?!?!?

i dont even i dont even i dont even

... I never would've expected somethin' like this. Not in a million 'Karpin' years. 'Specially not for a starter and a legendary. "Mega" evolution is right, look at those abilities. This is an interestin' concept. Design changes seem well-executed for the Pokes in question too, although both Mawile 'n Ampharos could've had their designs changed a bit more.

But I don't understand how they managed t' make Absol any more emo.

I'm actually somewhat surprised that MR approves of this "mega Pokemon" mechanic (or at least, I think that's what he was implying).

Serebii mentions this event Torchic being able to eventually become MegaBlaziken, and an item called the "mega stone". Perhaps Blaziken, if given this item, will become MegaBlaziken in a Giratina-O fashion? I think there will likely be some sort of limitation to the mega form. Maybe the game will only let you have one Mega Stone in a file, meaning that you can only have one mega Pokemon at a time. Or something along those lines.

Wait, Serebii also mentions this event Torchic will "Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight (possibly Blazikenite", which confuses me. Which is responsible for the form change/evolution? The mega stone or the Blazikenite? Perhaps the mega stone is a key item, and the Blazikenite, while held by Blaziken, turns it into MegaBlaziken courtesy of the mega stone. This might make more sense than the other possibility I posted, as you can only have one of each key item in a game. The mega stone might only be able to power up one Pokemon at a time.

There are so many possibilities for how this will work, I suspect this is significantly different from normal evolution and/or form changes, it's impossible to predict at this point.

It's definitely too early t' accurately speculate, but it never hurts. Personally, I'm not sure what t' think. If it's called evolution, does that mean it's permanent? If so, what happens t' the hold/key item used? And does one use both a hold item and key item, as possibly implied by the event Torchic? Either way, I'd think some sort'a limitation is a tad likely. 'Specially if these Mega evolutions get (base) stat boosts.

Mechanics aside, I take it that Mega evolutions will very much have t' do with the plot. Ain't got a clue how.

Serebii said:
MegaMewtwo has the ability Insomnia.

Er... ... ... Well, this makes me suspect a stat adjustment/increase for Mega Pokes. Mewtwo's Mega form would basically just be a bent middle finger t' Darkrai otherwise.

'Less we get MegaLatios, I'll definitely be usin' Megacario competitively. <3 dat 270 BP CC

MegAmpharos is Electric/Dragon? hoshit suddenly its useful

There almost has to be come sort of stat increases involved in at least some of the forms, since Blaziken seems to share the same abilities as MegaBlaziken. Also, Close Combat would have a 240 base power, I'm not sure where 270 came from...

Also, a new gen hater is really liking these mega forms. #cannotcomprehend

Back