PS360 answers the Wii, finally

It must be really nice to live in a world where price doesn't matter. I remember PS3 fans making similar arguments before the price drop.

XwiimasturX said:
i like your thoughts, but i hardly think that today is the day the wii died per se.

Naturally, I knew when I said "No, I'm not suggesting that today is the day Nintendo died." that someone would say "Nu-uh, it did not". Ah well.

Last edited:
well

Marc said:
The price drop of the other two won't affect sales. People buy the system they prefer and I don't think lower prices will affect the Wii too much. Afterall, most people buy the Wii because it is differant to what convential consoles are usually like. I bet most people would have bought it wether it was the price of the 360 or the PS3. So just becuase the 360 and PS3 may be coming down in price, if someone wants a new way to play games they'll still choose the Wii.

I still won't be buying either 360 or PS3 as I'm happy with the choice I made.

I think some of the people who got the Wii did it because it was the cheapest system my dad for example price matters very much he has alot of money andits because he wont spend it. him spending 250 on a system and him spending 400 on a system are 2 differnt things.

Also I have been in video game stores many times and I see a kid choose something else because they didnt have enough money or because something wasnt in stock. Now if 360 costs the same as wii, that is gonna get more sales because people are having trouble keeping wiis in stock if people go to get wii and cant find one but they want to play something they might just get what is in stock for the same price.
I dont think this is gonna kill the wii but I do think its gonna affect it and in a big way, I also think Nintendo is really hurting themself by not giving us better online service we are in the age of the internet and nintendo isnt part of that. 360 is selling on ton of xbox live service when sony is giving it away this shows that people want online so bad they will pay for it.
Anyway I love the wii and I hope they get much more online support than we've been given.

Good point that if the Wii isn't in stock people would go for an Xbox or PS3 if similarly priced.

I remember a time when I would buy the cheaper game too! Long time ago though!

One would think that if the Wii's sales stalled out they would drop the price of the console to $100 or so. They could do that and still not lose money on individual consoles.

This price competition is great for the market. We, as the consumers, are now reaping the benefits of this competition.

I think even the original GC still retails at $100. And yes, selling the Wii at that price would be at a heavy loss per unit. Maybe not as much as Sony is losing, but still a loss.

Only new buyers are reaping the benefits of the price wars. No one is going to send me a refund check if Nintendo cuts it's price (which I don't see happening anyway), although I suppose it does make a second console purchase more feasible.

hellz yeah. It's enough that that gheywad CHO is south korean....then the dead marathon gamer...now this? ahhahaha

whiteys.....:nonod:

Brawny said:
hellz yeah. It's enough that that gheywad CHO is south korean....then the dead marathon gamer...now this? ahhahaha

whiteys.....:nonod:

If it makes you feel any better I'd let you do my homework any day of the week.

I don't agree that the Wii died. How can you say that with SSBB, MP3, Strikers Charged in the US, and Mario Kart on the Wii coming out? Sales may go down a bit, but just wait until the impact of greater titles when they arrive.

manufan15 said:
I don't agree that the Wii died. How can you say that with SSBB, MP3, Strikers Charged in the US, and Mario Kart on the Wii coming out? Sales may go down a bit, but just wait until the impact of greater titles when they arrive.

The wii is fine and will continue to do fine. This forum is just filled with pessimists.

Just because you personally lose interest in the Wii, doesn't mean the Wii as a whole has died. And Nintendo is making far more money off the Wii than Microsoft or Sony are off their consoles.

Plus the DS is selling like oxygen to people on mars.

its hardly gong to effect wii sales, it may boost the PS3 but no were near enough to compete now. they have failed a long time ago. if the 360 cuts its price then the wii shall do the same i should think.

Nintendo make a profit from the wii, since it costs around $90 to make and they sell for 250. the xbox costs more to make than its sold for.

Warrior said:
its hardly gong to effect wii sales, it may boost the PS3 but no were near enough to compete now. they have failed a long time ago. if the 360 cuts its price then the wii shall do the same i should think.

Nintendo make a profit from the wii, since it costs around $90 to make and they sell for 250. the xbox costs more to make than its sold for.

Plus Sony was already losing money off each PS3, now they are losing $100 more in attempt to boulster the software profits.

Kotaku has many good articles on it.

Especially this one from techtalk http://kotaku.com/gaming/george-harrison-says/sony-cant-afford-another-price+cut-276541.php

Back